IMC has established processes and procedures for website maintenance that have been keys to our success in providing website services for more than 15 years. We use industry standards and best practices as well as internally-developed criteria for each website, providing a customized set of processes and procedures to meet the unique needs of our customers.
Our team has experience developing, implementing, and maintaining websites using just about every available website development environment. We also specialize in integrating databases with web applications. IMC is currently developing and maintaining websites using the following:
- Server Side Technologies: Cold Fusion, .net, J2EE
- Programming Languages: JAVA, CFML, C#, Scala
- Support Technologies: XML, Web Services
- IMC's Website Development Process
In all website development and maintenance efforts we create a development environment, a testing environment, and a production environment (i.e., production website). In many cases we also have a demo environment that allows customers to use and experiment with new features after integration testing, but before final user testing and approval to move to the production environment.
IMC has a standard process for gathering and structuring requirements. Depending on the needs of the customer after the requirements are approved we provide conceptual designs and/or rapid prototypes, or we provide a complete design document for approval by the customer. Our process for implementing the design provides incremental modules of functionality based on the customer's priorities. We test each component within a module at the unit level and then integrate and test components before we demonstrate them to a customer. We then complete rework based on customer feedback. Once a set of modules satisfy a predetermined set of user requirements we move the release from our development environment to our test environment followed by a formal set of user tests. Once we complete all tests and revisions, and retest, we have a final review and request approval to move the release to the production environment.
IMC has experience using analysis tools to track web site metrics and using that data to improve and refine websites. We also have experience in developing and maintaining websites that require 508 compliance.
- IMC's Website Services Experience
IMC's website services experience includes:
- Development, maintenance, server administration, and user support for the U.S. Army's March2Success site.
- Onsite IT support for the U.S. Army Quartermaster School at Fort Lee, Virginia, that includes website development and maintenance for six websites.
- Website development and maintenance services for General Services Administration's Heartland Region.
- Onsite IT support for the Eastern Federal Lands Highway Division, including website development and maintenance (web-based applications) such as the Bridge Inventory Program (BIP) and the Road Inventory Program (RIP).