Agile Team Lead-Scrum Master (IMC00298)
Dependent on qualifications
|Mandatory Job Requirements:||
|Applications Accepted By:||
E-mail: Michelle Might, Corporate Recruiter, email@example.com
Email Subject Line: Agile Team Lead-Scrum Master (IMC00298)
Guide and coach agile teams on how to use agile practices and principles to deliver high quality software development products and software sustainment services as a contractor to the United States Air Force Reliability and Maintainability Information System (REMIS). REMIS is a web-based data system for collecting, validating, editing, processing, integrating, standardizing, and reporting equipment maintenance data.
Serve as an Agile Team Lead (Scrum Master) for the REMIS program. The REMIS program is at the beginning stage of transitioning from traditional waterfall software development practices to an Agile software development environment. The Scrum Master will serve as the point person responsible for training, coaching, mentoring the Scrum Team in the transformation from the current Waterfall development environment to an Agile Methodology with a focus on DEVSECOPS and will serve as the point person for Scrum events and Artifacts.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with the leadership to focus the team's work effort, address risks/areas of concerns, provide feedback, and support the health of the team.
- Guide and coach the Scrum Team on how to use Agile practices and principles to deliver high quality products that are valuable to REMIS stakeholders.
- Get team to a high performing level by recognizing areas of strength and improvement and employing appropriate coaching and development techniques.
- Coaches the Scrum team in self-organization, cross-functional skillset, domain knowledge and communicates effectively, both internally and externally working within the Scrum team.
- Works with Scrum Team, as well as REMIS internal and external stakeholders, to influence and drive decision making and support organizational project or product teams.
- Facilitate and maintain consistent and beneficial methodologies within a software development team by conducting estimation and planning events, daily standups, sprint retrospective, sprint planning, grooming, sprint review ceremonies, etc.
- Proactive escalation of issues of concern or risk related to deliverables, able to work with Stakeholders to address or mitigate such issues. Resolve team impediments and coach agile team on removing impediments.
- Utilizes team feedback and metrics (quality, delivery rate, etc.) to identify areas of opportunity and works with team to continuously improve. Helps determine and maintain overall team velocity and capacity with regards to the team's roadmap of projects and planning/prioritization
- Works with the Product Owner to ensure that the team's backlog is well groomed and actionable - defining acceptable states of issues. Function as the link between the government product owner and scrum team.
- Able to coordinate cross-team efforts and deliveries through collaboration, coordination, and support of the activities of disparate teams supporting the overall successful delivery of product features. Ensure deliverables meet quality standards at the end of each sprint.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Work with Product Owners and Stakeholders to identify and clarify priority of project-related needs and priority. Participate in special projects as required.
- Coordinate with IMC Agile Project Lead to ensure that staff utilization is optimized.
Note: These are mandatory items that all candidates must have when making application to IMC for this position. Please ensure that your submission addresses each of these requirement items. Candidates without these required elements will not be considered.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- 3+ Years’ experience as a scrum master supporting multiple teams and complex software development environments.
- 3+ Years in designing, analyzing, integrating, testing and documenting distributed mission systems using agile lifecycle management and engineering practices, DevOps and CI/CD Pipeline processes.
- Experience utilizing Atlassian Products, i.e., Jira, Bit Bucket, Confluence, Git, Git Hub (or similar Agile tracking tools)
- 3+ years’ experience in facilitating Vision and Product Portfolio Management sessions and developing and documenting artifacts, i.e., Portfolio Backlogs of Epics, architecture features and business capability features in Jira Portfolio Boards; features mapping to user stories; developing Product Roadmaps and Product Backlogs of user stories, tasks and non-functional product backlog items In Jira Scrum Boards with Product Owners and developing Release Plans for release increments.
- Excellent working knowledge of agile software development methodologies, techniques, and frameworks.
- Experience and knowledge of the Waterfall approach and migrating an organization to an Agile Methodology.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to analyze situations and resolve conflict.
- Expertise with wide variety of agile techniques.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to stay focused.
- Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Ability to obtain a favorably completed DoD T1 investigation. [Formerly known as National Agency Check with Written Inquiries (NACI).]
- Ability to obtain a favorably completed DoD T3/Secret.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification. (If no CSM certification, obtain within 120 days.)
- Advanced Certified Scrum Master (A-CSM) certification.
Innovative Management Concepts, Inc. (IMC), a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business, provides a broad range of information technology services to government and commercial clients. Since its founding in 1989, IMC has offered solutions and expertise in: IT operations and maintenance, cyber security, systems and network engineering and support services, cloud/hosting services, software engineering and development, website services, software quality assurance and testing (including IV&V), and project management. IMC is certified in International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001:2015 Quality Management, ISO 27000:2013 Information Security Management System, and ISO 20000-1:2011 Information Technology Service Management. Find out more about IMC at www.imcva.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.