Agile Transformation Lead (IMC00453)
Dependent on qualifications
|Mandatory Job Requirements:||
|Applications Accepted By:||
Email: Michelle Might, Corporate Recruiter, email@example.com
Email Subject Line: Agile Transformation Lead (IMC00453)
Be the Agile transformation agent, leading, guiding, and coaching a sizable development team on how to use Agile practices and principles to deliver high quality software development products and software sustainment services, as a contractor to the United States Air Force Reliability and Maintainability Information System (REMIS). REMIS is a complex system that has been in a waterfall environment for 30 years prior to its Agile journey over the past year. Many Agile principals and processes have been implemented and the program needs the leadership of a proven transformation agent that can help it reach its Agile capacity.
The Agile transformation lead will serve as the point person responsible for understanding the big development picture for the continued transformation from the Waterfall development to Agile. The environment currently has three scrum teams with dedicated scrum masters and a fourth Kanban development team.
Duties/Responsibilities: This position will include, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Participate as a leader of the program to plan and implement program improvements related to Agile processes, modern technologies, and tools to improve all facets of the software development processes.
- Lead, guide, and coach, the Scrum Teams on how to use Agile practices and principles to deliver high quality products to REMIS stakeholders.
- Guide and coach teams to a high performing level, by recognizing areas of strength and improvement, and employing appropriate coaching and development techniques.
- Coach the Scrum teams in self-organization, cross-functional skillset, domain knowledge and communicate effectively, both internally and externally working within the Scrum team.
- Work with Scrum Teams, as well as REMIS internal and external stakeholders, to influence and drive decision making and support organizational project or product teams.
- Lead agile teams to ensure scrum methodology is understood and the team adheres to Scrum theory, practice, and guidelines.
- Facilitate daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo, retrospective meetings, etc.
- Resolve team impediments and coach agile teams on removing impediments.
- Coach the team in self-organization and cross-functional skillsets.
- Function as the link between the government product owner and scrum teams.
- Facilitate internal communication and effective collaboration.
- Ensure deliverables meet quality standards at the end of each sprint.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participate in special projects as required.
- Coordinate with IMC program manager to ensure that staff use is optimized.
Required Qualifications and Skills: Note: These are mandatory items that all candidates must have when making application to IMC for this position. Please ensure that your submission addresses each of these requirement items. Candidates without these required elements will not be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related business or technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a scrum of scum masters, supporting multiple teams and complex software development environments.
- High level of experience and knowledge of transitioning from waterfall to Agile.
- Excellent working knowledge of Agile software development methodologies, techniques, and frameworks.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to analyze situations and resolve conflict (i.e., identifying impediments and proactively moving to resolving them).
- Expertise with wide variety of Agile techniques (i.e., capacity planning, point estimation techniques, effective retrospective methods, pair programming, etc.).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to stay focused.
- Due to a customer requirement, as a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate will be required to obtain and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing employment.
- Pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Current DoD successfully adjudicated T3 investigation. Most commonly attained with a SECRET clearance (Note: a SECRET clearance is not required but the T3 investigation is necessary to meet IT-II privileged access designation.
Desired Qualifications and Skills: It is desirable that the candidate has the following qualifications:
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification preferred, not required. If no CSM certification, obtain within 120 days.
- Advanced Certified Scrum Master (A-CSM) certification.
Innovative Management Concepts, Inc. (IMC), a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business, provides a broad range of information technology services to government and commercial clients. Since its founding in 1989, IMC has offered solutions and expertise in: IT operations and maintenance, cyber security, systems and network engineering and support services, data management, cloud/hosting services, software engineering and development, website services, software quality assurance and testing (including IV&V), and project management. IMC is certified in International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001 Quality Management, ISO 27000 Information Security Management System, and ISO 20000-1 Information Technology Service Management. Find out more about IMC at www.imcva.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.