Assistant Facility Security Officer (IMC00463)
Dependent on qualifications
|Mandatory Job Requirements:||
|Applications Accepted By:||
Email: Michelle Might, Corporate Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Subject Line: AFSO (IMC00463)
The assistant facility security officer (AFSO) will be responsible for all DCSA security-related business for IMC under the guidance of the facility security officer (FSO), requiring expertise in all disciplines of the industrial security field. This position is part time and 95% remote with occasional onsite requirements at IMC’s corporate office, located in Dulles, VA.
Responsibilities: The position will include, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Assist the FSO to develop, establish, and conduct an effective security awareness, training, and education program.
- Create and conduct initial security briefings, debriefings, indoctrinations, pre/post foreign travel briefings, and refresher briefings, as appropriate.
- Administer day-to-day security programs: personnel processing, program reviews, document control system, audits & self-inspections, violation investigations & reports, receipt/dispatch/destruction/mail logs, visit certs, etc.
- Perform in individual and team roles supporting all contractual security requirements for Special Access Programs (SAP), Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) programs, and DOD collateral classified programs.
- Investigate security violations and prepare reports specifying preventive action to be taken.
- Bring security risks to the attention of the FSO as identified.
- Process clearance and customer visit authorization requests (VARs) and provide support for classified meetings.
- Maintain security program compliance relative to DD 254s, changed condition packages, FCL sponsorship packages, and responding to DCSA, customer agency, and internal customer inquiries.
- Manage clearance status and notifications in DISS, review and submit eQIPs and applicable forms for public trusts, and process nomination packages for various agency customers.
- Upload change conditions in NISS.
- Maintain personnel in DISS, facility level clearances in NISS and updates system when changes in PCL or FCL occur.
- Interface with all levels of company personnel to ensure contract security compliance with National Industrial Security Operating Manual (NISPOM), Contract Security Classification Specification (DD254) and Program Classification Guides (SCGs).
Basic Required Qualifications and Skills: Note: These are mandatory items that all candidates must have when making application to IMC for this position. Please ensure that your submission addresses each of these requirement items. Candidates without these required elements will not be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related business or technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- Excellent working knowledge of SIMS, DISS, NISS, ACCS, and e-QIP.
- Strong understanding of Physical Security requirements to include collateral Closed Areas and SCIFs.
- Working knowledge of SF-86, SF-312, DD-254, and other required forms.
- Must have DCSA certified FSO security training as well as all current DCSA required training certifications.
- Knowledge and experience with Insider Threat Programs.
- Ability to communicate proficiently (both verbally and in written form) with an array of individuals, including management, senior officials, and others.
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic who sets high standards for self and others and demonstrates enthusiasm for the mission of the team.
- Pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- All applicants must have current DoD Top Secret clearance eligibility day one and prior to entry on duty.
Desired Qualifications and Skills: It is desirable that the candidate has the following qualifications:
- FSO Program Management for Possessing Facilities Certification.
Innovative Management Concepts, Inc. (IMC), a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business, provides a broad range of information technology services to government and commercial clients. Since its founding in 1989, IMC has offered solutions and expertise in: IT operations and maintenance, cyber security, systems and network engineering and support services, data management, cloud/hosting services, software engineering and development, website services, software quality assurance and testing (including IV&V), and project management. IMC is certified in International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001 Quality Management, ISO 27000 Information Security Management System, and ISO 20000-1 Information Technology Service Management. Find out more about IMC at www.imcva.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.