Audio Video Teleconferencing (AV/VTC) Engineer (IMC00296)
Fort Shafter, HI
Dependent on qualifications
|Mandatory Job Requirements:||
|Applications Accepted By:||
E-mail: Michelle Might, Corporate Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Subject Line: Audio Video Teleconferencing (VTC) Engineer – ESIM (IMC00296)
The candidate shall assist customers with designing and engineering classified and unclassified point-to-point and multipoint Video Teleconferencing (VTC) services and audio conference services. They will participate in the surveys and implementation of the VTC systems and develop Engineering Implementation Plans (EIP) including the development of technical drawings with Visio and/or AutoCAD. The candidate is also required to perform specialized tasks in the operation, installation, configuration, and maintenance of CISCO based systems. The candidate will diagnose and troubleshoot AV equipment failures and make adjustments, to ensure maximum effectiveness. They will also have the capability to test and debug systems for quality assurance and acceptance by the customer and respond to email requests for all audio/video and VTC needs. The potential candidate must also be willing and able to work occasional out-of-hours and weekend shifts as needed.
Video Teleconferencing (VTC) Engineer responsibilities:
- AV/VTC system engineering, design, and implementation.
- Coordinate with Government POCs and technical personnel to conduct pre-site and site surveys.
- Test existing infrastructure and equipment to determine feasibility for re-use.
- Develop a draft implementation schedule to include a Preliminary Design Review (PDR) and Critical Design Review (CDR).
- Create an Engineering Implementation Plan that will be used to install, secure and harden, test, and document new and existing AV/VTC systems.
- Create systems design drawings, floor plan, rack elevation, and cable run lists.
- Coordinate with required POCs for site preparation actions for system implementation.
- Create and standardize Systems Integration Test (SIT) plans and Systems Acceptance Test (SAT) plans.
- Create Final Implementation Schedules to be delivered to Government POC and Implementation Team.
- Conduct periodic reviews of AV/VTC systems to ensure they are in compliance with DoD and Army regulations and to anticipate and forecast equipment End of Life (EOL) and End of Support (EOS).
- Conduct AV/VTC systems training.
- Maintain and troubleshoot VTC Infrastructure and associated equipment.
- Other administrative duties, as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
Note: These are mandatory items that all candidates must have when making application to IMC for this position. Please ensure that your submission addresses each of these requirement items. Candidates without these required elements will not be considered.
- IAT Level II Certification.
- Minimum of 7 years of networking experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in AV/VTC systems and operations.
- Proficient with AutoCAD and Microsoft Visio.
- Experience using Microsoft Office tool (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Experience with Extron, AMX, and Crestron.
- Ability to work and accomplish tasks with minimal or general guidance.
- Familiarity with Army and DoD networks.
- Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- All applicants must have current DoD Secret clearance eligibility day one and prior to entry on duty.
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- B.S. Information Systems, or Information Technology, and/or combination of education and work experience equivalent.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
- ITILv3 or 4 Foundations certification (or higher).
- Certified Avixa CTS-D or CTS-I.
- AutoCAD Certification.
- Extron, AMX, or Crestron training.
- Experience with AutoCAD.
- Experience working in a Government/Military environment.
- Four years of experience in related field.
Innovative Management Concepts, Inc. (IMC), a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business, provides a broad range of information technology services to government and commercial clients. Since its founding in 1989, IMC has offered solutions and expertise in: IT operations and maintenance, cyber security, systems and network engineering and support services, cloud/hosting services, software engineering and development, website services, software quality assurance and testing (including IV&V), and project management. IMC is certified in International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001:2015 Quality Management, ISO 27000:2013 Information Security Management System, and ISO 20000-1:2011 Information Technology Service Management. Find out more about IMC at www.imcva.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.