Change Release Manager (IMC00496)
Falls Church, VA
Dependent on qualifications
|Mandatory Job Requirements:||
|Applications Accepted By:||
Email: Michelle Might, Corporate Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Subject Line: Change Release Manager (IMC00496)
Provide change and release management support to oversee and manage the introduction of all hardware and software into production and test environments within the infrastructure. Responsible for coordinating with the Government and controlling and managing the life cycle of all changes, with minimum disruption to services. Responsibilities will encompass; operations performance analysis, service delivery, IT infrastructure service management, policy development, quality assurance/process improvement, behavioral and skill-based training.
Shift for this position is Monday – Friday 9am – 6pm
Duties/Responsibilities: This position will include, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Responsible for the Release Management lifecycle that involves the stages such as scheduling the release, coordinating between teams, and deployment of release as per the schedule and within budget.
- Oversee the day-to-day execution of the OIT change management processes and policies.
- Oversee release changes into production, through controlled promotion processes or documented support procedures.
- Provide support to change and release management resources across all areas of OIT, by coordinating approved change requests and integrating them with configuration and release management procedures.
- Manage and execute IT change and release management processes, encompassing project management, application development, and operational procedures.
- Provide oversight for, develop, and execute change and release management activities and tools to identify and evaluate stakeholders’ knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Develop and maintain a Configuration Management Database.
- Provide expertise in the design, maintenance, and delivery of training for change and release management, including a strong focus on processes for maintaining communication with other groups.
- Actively participate in all meetings such as, but not limited to weekly staff meetings, weekly training, Weekly Ticket Tag-Up, etc.
- Excellent managerial skills and ability to collaborate with team members.
- Ability to analyze a high volume of technical data and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and time management skills.
- Broad knowledge of IT operations and systems.
- Support a fast-paced transitional environment.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both verbal and written to support incoming customer support calls and emails.
- Analytically inclined with attention to detail and accuracy and consistent follow-through to assure problems are resolved with the ability to respond to last minute requests.
- Identify and articulate key information in an efficient and timely manner.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment when handling situational occurrences.
- Analyze and recommend alternative solutions to meet customer needs.
- Build credibility and trust with customers.
- Identify areas of opportunity to improve customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrate excellent multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Support the team process and participates on cross-functional teams.
Basic Required Qualifications and Skills: Note: These are mandatory items that all candidates must have when making application to IMC for this position. Please ensure that your submission addresses each of these requirement items. Candidates without these required elements will not be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in a related field.
- Eight or more years of experience in management, with a focus in quality assurance, strategic oversight, and business operations.
- Experience in Information Systems, Change Management, Release Management, or another related field.
- Incident, problem, or change workflow automation tool experience.
- ITIL v3 or 4 Certification in ACTIVE status.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to stay focused.
- Due to a customer requirement, as a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate will be required to obtain and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing employment.
- Pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- All applicants must have current DoD Secret clearance.
Desired Qualifications and Skills: It is desirable that the candidate has the following qualifications:
- Certified Change Management Professional (CCMP) with the Association of Change Management Professionals (ACMP).
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) with the Project Management Institute (PMI).
- Experience in ITIL Standard for Change Management practices.
- Experience in the use of the methods and tools used for risk assessment and mitigation of risks.
- Experience building and managing relationships in a matrixed environment.
- Leadership and proactive issue and risk management experience.
- Experience in IT infrastructure and application development technology and architectures.
- Experience in strategic planning, program development, and project management.
- Experience in providing presentations, consultation services, and training programs.
- Experience in developing auditing activities; including but not limited to surveys, investigations, quality assurance reviews.
Innovative Management Concepts, Inc. (IMC), a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business, provides a broad range of information technology services to government and commercial clients. Since its founding in 1989, IMC has offered solutions and expertise in: IT operations and maintenance, cyber security, systems and network engineering and support services, data management, cloud/hosting services, software engineering and development, website services, software quality assurance and testing (including IV&V), and project management. IMC is certified in International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001 Quality Management, ISO 27000 Information Security Management System, and ISO 20000-1 Information Technology Service Management. Find out more about IMC at www.imcva.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.