Computer Network Architect (IMC00383)
Fort Shafter, HI
Dependent on qualifications
|Mandatory Job Requirements:||
|Applications Accepted By:||
Email: Michelle Might, Corporate Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Subject Line: Computer Network Architect (IMC00383)
The computer network architect shall manage all areas of Army networks projects for the USARPAC G6 Enterprise Services Integration and Modernization (ESIM) program. The computer network architect shall be responsible for the coordination of requirements in the ESIM portfolio for project planning, scheduling, cost estimating, monitoring, and reporting. This includes participation and technical oversight of activities across multiple technical projects.
Duties/Responsibilities: The position will include, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Design network systems.
- Create technical plans and layouts of IP-based data communication networks.
- Oversee upgrade of existing network components.
- Maintain and monitor networking equipment.
- Manage technical network solutions and frameworks.
- Perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems.
- Upgrade network hardware and software components as required.
- Design, test, and inspect network systems.
- Perform network planning, modeling, and analysis.
- Install and maintain hardware such as cables, hubs, routers, and wireless adaptors.
- Design, implement and manage security countermeasures when network vulnerabilities arise.
- Analyze, engineer, and execute software functions.
- Develop and deliver professional proposals and design documentation.
- Coordinate with technology vendors.
This role provides technical support and oversight of multiple network-related projects across the ESIM portfolio. There are occasional support requirements for non-standard support hours that are event driven, i.e., support during a military exercise.
Basic Required Qualifications and Skills: Note: These are mandatory items that all candidates must have when making application to IMC for this position. Please ensure that your submission addresses each of these requirement items. Candidates without these required elements will not be considered.
- At start date, must possess current IAM Level II Certification – one or more of the following current certifications in ACTIVE status are acceptable.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience designing local, regional, WAN and network systems and subsystems supporting voice, video, data, and imagery information.
- Strong knowledge of strategic network management across an entire theater or region.
- Extensive knowledge of VDI topology and/or CSfC network solutions.
- Coding in CITRIX, VMWare, and/or Python.
- Minimum of five years of experience leading teams of network engineers.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Strong communication skills and experience addressing senior executive leaders.
- Due to a customer requirement, as a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate will be required to obtain and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing employment.
- Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- All applicants must have current DoD Secret clearance eligibility day one and prior to entry on duty.
Desired Qualifications and Skills: It is desirable that the candidate has the following qualifications:
- Possess an active Computing Environment Commercial Certification.
- Possess an IA Technical (IAT) Level III Certification.
- Minimum of five years working with DoD IA policy and guidelines and applying the ire implications on network architecture design and configuration.
Innovative Management Concepts, Inc. (IMC), a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business, provides a broad range of information technology services to government and commercial clients. Since its founding in 1989, IMC has offered solutions and expertise in: IT operations and maintenance, cyber security, systems and network engineering and support services, cloud/hosting services, software engineering and development, website services, software quality assurance and testing (including IV&V), and project management. IMC is certified in International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001:2015 Quality Management, ISO 27000:2013 Information Security Management System, and ISO 20000-1:2011 Information Technology Service Management. Find out more about IMC at www.imcva.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.