Computer Systems Engineer/Architect/DBA (IMC00348)
Dependent on qualifications
|Mandatory Job Requirements:||
|Applications Accepted By:||
Email: Michelle Might, Corporate Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Subject Line: Computer Systems Engineer/Architect/DBA (IMC00348)
The computer systems engineer/architect (database administrator or DBA) will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing software solutions to address complex business issues, and providing technical leadership within the IT department as a contractor to the United States Air Force Reliability and Maintainability Information System (REMIS), a web-based data system for collecting, validating, editing, processing, integrating, standardizing, and reporting equipment maintenance data. The ideal applicant will able to thrive in a highly collaborative workplace and actively engage in the development process and possess excellent interpersonal skills.
The REMIS program is at the beginning stage of transitioning from traditional waterfall software development practices to an Agile software development environment. The computer systems engineer/architect (database administrator) will collaborate with customers, the product owner, systems administrators, and development teams on solution design concepts and methodologies.
Job Duties: Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide Oracle technical expertise within a development team.
- Advising Scrum teams on feasibility of proposed database designs in consultation with the REMIS lead architect.
- Perform DBA maintenance and troubleshooting of Oracle database(s).
- Ensure databases are up to date on security requirements.
- Support database penetration exercises.
- Monitor database performance, install database updates and security patches as required in conjunction with a DBA team.
- Assist in Planning and implementation of upgrades/migrations of the database.
- Migration, testing, installation of OEM from Base Command shell (no GUI).
Required Qualifications: Note: These are mandatory items that all candidates must have when making application to IMC for this position. Please ensure that your submission addresses each of these requirement items. Candidates without these required elements will not be considered.
- At start date must possess an IAM Level II Certification, which can include one of the following:
- CAP (Certified Authorization Professional)
- CASP +CE (CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner with Continuing Education)
- CISSP (or Associate) (Certified Information System Security Professional)
- CISM (Certified Information Security Manager)
- GSLC (Global Information Assurance Certification)
- CCISO (Certified Chief Information Security Officer)
- 6-8+ years of experience with Oracle SQL, Oracle PL/SQL and JDBC interface(s) with Oracle.
- Thorough knowledge of Oracle DB software 12c & 19c.
- Expert knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux versions 7 - 8, and requisite Oracle requirements.
- Experience with RMAN backup and recovery.
- Fluent with the RHEL Bash command line and scripting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to stay focused.
- Pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Current DoD successfully adjudicated T5/SSBI investigation. Most commonly attained with Top Secret (TS) clearance (TS clearance is not required but the SSBI investigation is required to meet IT-I privileged access designation.
Desired Qualifications and Skills: It is desirable that the computer systems engineer has the following qualifications:
- Experience developing and deploying into AWS.
- Oracle and Linux Admin experience.
- Oracle RDBMS versions 10g, 11g, 12c, 18c, 19c (critical to have experience with 12c or above and familiarity leveraging Oracle SQL Developer Tools to support migrations).
- Experience with REMIS and/or complex Air Force systems.
- Knowledge of Virtual Private Database.
Innovative Management Concepts, Inc. (IMC), a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business, provides a broad range of information technology services to government and commercial clients. Since its founding in 1989, IMC has offered solutions and expertise in: IT operations and maintenance, cyber security, systems and network engineering and support services, cloud/hosting services, software engineering and development, website services, software quality assurance and testing (including IV&V), and project management. IMC is certified in International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001:2015 Quality Management, ISO 27000:2013 Information Security Management System, and ISO 20000-1:2011 Information Technology Service Management. Find out more about IMC at www.imcva.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.