Cybersecurity Data Analyst (IMC00523)
Remote/Washington, DC Area
Dependent on qualifications
|Mandatory Job Requirements:||
|Applications Accepted By:||
Email: Michelle Might, Corporate Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Subject Line: Cybersecurity Data Analyst (IMC00523)
The data security specialist will support and provide expertise to a successful cybersecurity and privacy program for a Government customer, working with a team of cybersecurity professionals.
Duties/Responsibilities: This position will include, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Support security information and event management (SIEM)/security orchestration, automation, and response (SOAR) efforts and log aggregation technologies to ensure data is ingested, normalized, parsed, and prepared for analysis.
- Ensure data from multiple, variant technologies is prepared for operational use.
- Review and analyze previous iterations of the continuous monitoring data model(s) to understand data sources, data structures, and reporting requirements.
- Analyze continuous monitoring data sources available in data repositories, or direct tool application programming interface (API) access.
- Leverage AWS amplify data modeling environments/structures to implement next iteration of data models.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure cloud governance approvals are obtained.
- Create reports from data model(s) to government specifications.
- Create automated routines to meet periodic reporting requirements.
- Create reports and presentations using PowerBI or other presentation tools.
- Periodically update models to adjust to changes in source data or reporting requirements.
- Communicate complex information, concepts, or ideas by preparing and presenting briefings and producing technical documentation.
- Participate as a member of planning teams, coordination groups, and task forces.
- Other duties as assigned.
Basic Required Qualifications and Skills: Note: These are mandatory items that all candidates must have when making application to IMC for this position. Please ensure that your submission addresses each of these requirement items. Candidates without these required elements will not be considered.
- Bachelor's degree in business, information technology, or related field of study.
- Five or more years’ experience in cybersecurity.
- At start date, must possess one of the following professional certifications in ACTIVE status:
- Security+ CE
- Experience demonstrating strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills for cybersecurity.
- Knowledge of cyber threats and vulnerabilities.
- Excellent in oral, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Experience integrating data modeling into an existing cybersecurity framework.
- Knowledge of data science principles to include data normalization, data aggregation, data tagging/labeling, data analytics.
- Ability to synthesize complex information and communicate analysis in written products and verbal presentations.
- Ability to work independently.
- A minimum of three years direct experience with Splunk and PowerBI.
- Pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a federal background investigation of Tier 2 Critical Non-Sensitive (Form SF 85P).
Desired Qualifications and Skills: It is desirable that the candidate has the following qualifications:
- Experience in HHS as a Government employee or contractor.
- Microsoft Azure or AWS certifications.
- Relevant security solutions/tools certifications.
Innovative Management Concepts, Inc. (IMC), a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business, provides a broad range of information technology services to government and commercial clients. Since its founding in 1989, IMC has offered solutions and expertise in: IT operations and maintenance, cyber security, systems and network engineering and support services, data management, cloud/hosting services, software engineering and development, website services, software quality assurance and testing (including IV&V), and project management. IMC is certified in International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001 Quality Management, ISO 27000 Information Security Management System, and ISO 20000-1 Information Technology Service Management. Find out more about IMC at www.imcva.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.