Database Architect SME (OSI) (IMC00426)
Arlington, VA and Remote
Dependent on qualifications
|Mandatory Job Requirements:||
|Applications Accepted By:||
Email: Michelle Might, Corporate Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Subject Line: Database Architect SME (OSI) (IMC00426)
The database architect SME works in a data warehouse environment, which includes data design, database architecture, and metadata and supports repository creation. The database architect will support a project providing business case and business process analysis for the Department of Justice’s United States Marshals Service (USMS).
Responsibilities: The position will include, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Enhance enterprise Master Data Repository.
- Design, perform, and maintain extract-transform-load (ETL) process using Microsoft SQL Server SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and/or ETL tools.
- Develop strategies for data acquisitions, archive recovery, and database implementation.
- Review object and data models and the metadata repository to structure the data for better management and quicker access.
- Design and develop data catalogs.
- Develop cohesive understanding of current USMS systems by interpreting system documents such as data dictionaries, source code, entity-relationship diagrams, test plans, and functional requirements documentation. Create diagrams to illustrate the storage and flow of data in the organization.
- Understand data warehousing architecture, to include hardware and software platforms and how system data is integrated.
- Design and develop SQL scripts and queries using ANSI SQL, T-SQL, and/or Oracle SQL.
- Analyze, curate, and interpret large data sets from multiple sources, in various formats, to create meaningful metrics, reports, dashboards, and visualizations.
- Contribute to the identification of data quality metrics that identify gaps and ensure compliance with standards.
- Proficiently perform data cleansing and standardization (e.g., removing duplicates, sanitization), assess data quality, and eliminate irrelevant data to identify and interpret data patterns and trends.
- Create reports and dashboards in response to data calls and stakeholder requests by integrating data from disparate source systems.
- Optimize business processes and leverage technology (either in-house or identifying commercial off-the-shelf solutions) to streamline governance and data management.
- Apply recognized standards (e.g., NIEM, ISO) to data from internal and external sources and provide recommendations on how to rationalize existing data against the standards.
- Contribute to creating, refining, and documenting team business processes (e.g., in Standard Operating Procedures and/or process diagrams) in a highly flexible environment.
- Contribute to developing and refining organization-wide governance processes, including change management.
- Distill complex ideas into concise concepts. On a frequent basis, create and deliver briefs and presentations to diverse groups of stakeholders at all levels of the organization and answer questions.
- Independently synthesize unstructured feedback from stakeholders and consider relevant data to present quality business solutions.
- Will lead a three-person team.
Basic Required Qualifications and Skills: Note: These are mandatory items that all candidates must have when making application to IMC for this position. Please ensure that your submission addresses each of these requirement items. Candidates without these required elements will not be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Hands-on experience with the following:
- 10+ years of experience with data architecture, data management, data analysis, IT process reengineering, systems analysis, design, and implementation, and data modeling.
- Designing, creating, and implementing ETL packages and processes.
- MS SQL Server 2016 and SSIS.
- MS Visual Studio.
- Database design, particularly in the integration of multiple data sources into a single repository.
- Experience with data management including master data management and metadata management (both technical and functional).
- Experience with SQL programming language (e.g., ANSI SQL, Microsoft T-SQL, Oracle PL/SQL).
- Experience with common database management platforms (e.g., Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, or native cloud data platforms).
- Expert knowledge and use of the MS Office suite (Word, SharePoint, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio) to prepare documents, clean, and manipulate data, and create and deliver presentations.
- Functional experience within an IT environment, along with the knowledge of designing different processes and solutions for various clients.
- Ability to communicate proficiently (both verbally and in written form) with an array of individuals, including management, stakeholders, and IT team members.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent command of grammar and language.
- Excellent consultative, conflict resolution, negotiation, and facilitation skills to gain consensus in a matrixed and complex organization.
- Proven problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to think out of the box and generate creative solutions; ability to break a complex problem down into its component parts and arrive at the appropriate solution in a timely fashion.
- Positive attitude, averse to the status quo, always looking to improve current processes and procedures; ability to see opportunities for change, to capitalize on them and implement them when appropriate for the benefit of the organization.
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic who sets high standards for self and others and demonstrates enthusiasm for the mission of the team.
- Due to a customer requirement, as a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate will be required to obtain and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing employment.
- Pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Must have an active Moderate Risk Background Investigation (MBI) Public Trust T3 case type or higher (Secret, TS, etc.) Investigation closure date MUST be less than five years old.
Desired Qualifications and Skills: It is desirable that the candidate has the following qualifications:
- Knowledge of SQL Server 2016 Master Data Services (MDS).
- Knowledge of Amazon S3 and AWS Athena query tool.
- Understanding of Master Data Repository concept.
- Familiarity with Tableau and Power BI reporting tools.
- Experience with Python, HTML, Java, or R programming language.
- Familiarity with external data standardization and exchange organizations such as NIEM, FBI CJIS, and ISO.
Innovative Management Concepts, Inc. (IMC), a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business, provides a broad range of information technology services to government and commercial clients. Since its founding in 1989, IMC has offered solutions and expertise in: IT operations and maintenance, cyber security, systems and network engineering and support services, cloud/hosting services, software engineering and development, website services, software quality assurance and testing (including IV&V), and project management. IMC is certified in International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001:2015 Quality Management, ISO 27000:2013 Information Security Management System, and ISO 20000-1:2011 Information Technology Service Management. Find out more about IMC at www.imcva.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.