Database Engineer/Cloud- based Data Engineer, SME (IMC00481)
Fort Shafter, HI
Dependent on qualifications
|Mandatory Job Requirements:||
|Applications Accepted By:||
Email: Michelle Might, Corporate Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Subject Line: Database Engineer/Cloud- based Data Engineer, SME (IMC00481)
The database analyst improves USARPAC responsiveness and audit readiness by working with USARPAC Knowledge Management to automate the manual report generation process.
Responsibilities: The position will include, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Design and develop a draft for a Plan Of Action and Milestones (POAM) for tasks.
- Use existing capabilities and functions of Government-approved COTS software to develop and deliver capabilities in producing reports.
- Create an assessment of the USARPAC data within the named systems and develop an enterprise-level universe of transactions to use within existing capabilities and functions of the Government approved COTS software to reduce the number of manually generated reports and allow for better USARPAC research/reconciliation.
- Optimize business processes and leverage technology (either in-house or identifying commercial off-the-shelf solutions) to streamline governance and data management.
- Document the testing results including any found problems and all corrections in the Daily Database Server Report.
- Proficiently perform data cleansing and standardization (e.g., removing duplicates, sanitization), assess data quality, and eliminate irrelevant data to identify and interpret data patterns and trends.
- Provide training and process documentation for maintaining the Enterprise Universe of Transactions, report templates, and running all established reports.
- Create templates for the automation of reports
- Review object and data models and the metadata repository to structure the data for better management and quicker access.
- Design and develop data catalogs.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors and quantify findings with resolutions.
- Distill complex ideas into concise concepts. On a frequent basis, create and deliver briefs and presentations to diverse groups of stakeholders at all levels of the organization and answer questions.
- Independently synthesize unstructured feedback from stakeholders and consider relevant data to present quality business solutions.
Basic Required Qualifications and Skills: Note: These are mandatory items that all candidates must have when making application to IMC for this position. Please ensure that your submission addresses each of these requirement items. Candidates without these required elements will not be considered.
- Minimum eight years of experience working specifically with DoD/federal agencies.
- Minimum eight years of experience in the following key specialties: relational database management, data cleansing, database script development, data analysis, Excel; and federal financial management.
- Strong database experience to include functional design, test, configuration, deployment planning, onsite support, and training.
- Strong experience deploying/developing/maintaining cloud-based technologies and cloud-based databases.
- Experience with common database management platforms (e.g., Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, or native cloud data platforms).
- Knowledgeable on industry standard Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) practices for application use.
- Experience with SQL programming language (e.g., ANSI SQL, Microsoft T-SQL, Oracle PL/SQL).
- Expert knowledge and use of the MS Office suite (Word, SharePoint, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio) to prepare documents, clean/manipulate data, and create and deliver presentations.
- Basic understanding of statistical analysis and mathematical terminology.
- Functional experience within an IT environment, along with the knowledge of designing different processes and solutions for various clients.
- Ability to communicate proficiently (both verbally and in written form) with an array of individuals, including management, stakeholders, and IT team members.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent command of grammar and language.
- Due to a customer requirement, as a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate will be required to obtain and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing employment.
- Pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- All applicants must have current DoD Secret clearance eligibility day one and prior to entry on duty.
Desired Qualifications and Skills: It is desirable that the candidate has the following qualifications:
- Knowledge and experience with USARPAC region.
- Experience working as a federal contractor or former military, specifically Army.
Innovative Management Concepts, Inc. (IMC), a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business, provides a broad range of information technology services to government and commercial clients. Since its founding in 1989, IMC has offered solutions and expertise in: IT operations and maintenance, cyber security, systems and network engineering and support services, data management, cloud/hosting services, software engineering and development, website services, software quality assurance and testing (including IV&V), and project management. IMC is certified in International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001 Quality Management, ISO 27000 Information Security Management System, and ISO 20000-1 Information Technology Service Management. Find out more about IMC at www.imcva.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.