Desktop Analyst (IMC00347)
Dependent on qualifications
|Mandatory Job Requirements:||
|Applications Accepted By:||
Email: Michelle Might, Corporate Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Subject Line: Desktop Analyst (IMC00347)
The desktop analyst provides hardware and software support for users at Western Area Power Administration (WAPA), Huron, SD.
Responsibilities: This position includes, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Strong diagnostic skills and logical thought processes with the ability to identify and resolve various levels of data networking, desktop application configuration and support, storage configuration and support, and computer hardware.
- Provide user support for all PC and some server-related problems.
- Using a Help Desk ticketing system such as ServiceNow.
- Working independently as a member of a geographically dispersed team.
- Receive and inventory new equipment orders upon arrival from vendors.
- Phone and remote support for offsite/remote users.
- Basic networking (TCP/IP, DNS, routing, subnetting).
- iPhone/Samsung enterprise deployment along with Microsoft Intune mobile device management/support.
- Build and re-image desktop and laptops to WAPA standards, install all special applications and train user on any changes.
- Support Cisco VPN client/remote users.
- Wipe hard drives of old computers as part of excess process.
- Move users to new cubicle locations as requested.
- Work with different vendors to resolve assets under warranty. Receive parts from vendors and replace equipment needing repair.
- Business video conferencing– MS Teams, Skype, Cisco VTC, etc. Setting up large meetings via WEBEX or VTC.
- Perform scans related to virus or malware infection on computers.
- Research software, hardware, and operating system related errors for possible solutions. Keep informed of current technologies and driver changes with new Dell systems.
- Maintain Active Directory computer OU structure.
- Perform yearly inventory of hardware equipment
- Reset user accounts, encrypt and decrypt laptops - McAfee Endpoint Encryption.
- Pass information along to Tier 1 call center to keep them up to date with current issues and solutions.
- Install and support following software: Non-Standard Package Software, MS Office 2013 Suite, Office 365, Trend Micro, McAfee Endpoint Encryption, Active Directory, Adobe products, Oracle, Java, AutoCAD, and other government software packages for Engineering, Finance, Legal, HR and Records Management.
- Creating and maintaining documentation of new setup procedures, hardware repair/replacement and inventory maintenance.
- Order replacement stock parts and specialty parts required by users with special needs around the building.
- Keeping accurate records of movable hardware assets. All emails of asset moves, transfers, or excess equipment are archived for future use.
- Occasional travel (travel may be 2 to 3 days per month).
Required Qualifications and Skills:
Note: These are mandatory items that all candidates must have when making application to IMC for this position. Please ensure that your submission addresses each of these requirement items. Candidates without these required elements will not be considered.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- One year of experience in help desk/Tier 2-3 support required or equivalent experience.
- Solid understanding of basic WAN/LAN topographies and networking.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to gain, understand and apply knowledge from technical manuals and SOPs.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professional decorum.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft OS Windows 10.
- Knowledge of SSCM, Active Directory, Cisco VPN Client, McAfee ePolicy.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills.
- Experience using a Help Desk ticketing system such as ServiceNow.
- Valid Driver’s License needed to operate vehicle and transport IT equipment. Must have safe driving record, follow all state and national driving laws, rules, and regulations. Will follow prearranged routes to destination or use maps and GPS to navigate route. Will also maintain Government vehicle upkeep and cleanliness.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 50 pounds at any given time.
- Must be able stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl to provide end user support.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
- Must be able to use a keyboard and do manual tasks for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks with strict, and often short, deadlines in a technologically diverse and fast-paced environment.
- Adaptable to organizational change.
- Each employee is responsible for practicing environmental safety and health (ES&H) measures daily. Each employee is responsible for becoming familiar with IMC ES&H policies and procedures and to practice said safety measures daily.
- Pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Must be willing and able to complete a DoE Medium risk background investigation for the position.
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- A+ certification.
- Orchestrator experience.
Innovative Management Concepts, Inc. (IMC), a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business, provides a broad range of information technology services to government and commercial clients. Since its founding in 1989, IMC has offered solutions and expertise in: IT operations and maintenance, cyber security, systems and network engineering and support services, cloud/hosting services, software engineering and development, website services, software quality assurance and testing (including IV&V), and project management. IMC is certified in International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001:2015 Quality Management, ISO 27000:2013 Information Security Management System, and ISO 20000-1:2011 Information Technology Service Management. Find out more about IMC at www.imcva.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.