Desktop Analyst (IMC00359)
Dependent on qualifications
|Mandatory Job Requirements:||
|Applications Accepted By:||
Email: Michelle Might, Corporate Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Subject Line: Desktop Analyst (IMC00359)
Provides hardware and software support for users at Western Area Power Administration (WAPA) in Phoenix, AZ.
Responsibilities: The Desktop Analyst position will include, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
Essential Job Functions:
- Strong diagnostic skills and logical thought processes with the ability to identify and resolve various levels of data networking, desktop application configuration and support, storage configuration and support, and computer hardware.
- Provide user support for all PC and some server-related problems.
- Experience using an ITIL-based help desk ticketing system such as ServiceNow.
- Receive and inventory new equipment orders upon arrival from vendors.
- Phone and remote support for offsite/remote users.
- Basic networking (TCP/IP, DNS, routing, subnetting).
- iPhone enterprise deployment and Intunes Mobile Device Support.
- Build and re-image desktop and laptops to WAPA standards, install all special applications and train user on any changes.
- Support Cisco VPN Client/Remote users.
- Wipe hard drives of old computers as part of excess process.
- Move users to new cubicle locations as requested.
- Work with different vendors to resolve issues with assets under warranty. Receive parts from vendors and replace equipment needing repair.
- Business Video Conferencing experience – Cisco, Lifesize, Skype, MS Teams, WebEx, etc. Setting up large meetings via WEBEX or VTC.
- Perform scans related to virus or malware infection on computers.
- Research software, hardware and operating system related errors for possible solutions. Keep informed of current technologies and driver changes with new Dell systems
- Maintain Active Directory computer OU structure.
- Perform yearly inventory of hardware equipment.
- Reset user accounts, encrypt and decrypt laptops - McAfee Endpoint Encryption.
- Pass information along to Tier 1 call center to keep them up-to-date with current issues and solutions.
- Install and support following software: Non Standard Package Software, Windows Deployment Services, Office 365, MS Office 2013 Suite, Trend Micro, McAfee Endpoint Encryption, Active Directory, Adobe products, Oracle, Java, AutoCAD, and other government software packages for Engineering, Finance, Legal, HR and Records Management.
- Creating and maintaining documentation of new setup procedures, hardware repair / replacement and inventory maintenance.
- Order replacement stock parts and specialty parts required by users with special needs around the building.
- Keeping accurate records of movable hardware Assets. All emails of asset moves, transfers or excess equipment are archived for future use.
- Travel Required (Occasional travel) - Travel may be 1 to 2 days per month.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks with strict, and often short, deadlines in a technologically diverse and fast-paced environment.
- Adaptable to organizational change.
Basic Required Qualifications and Skills: Note: These are mandatory items that all candidates must have when making application to IMC for this position. Please ensure that your submission addresses each of these requirement items. Candidates without these required elements will not be considered.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year of experience in Help Desk/Tier 2-3 support required or equivalent experience.
- Solid understanding of basic WAN/LAN topographies and networking.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to gain, understand, and apply knowledge from technical manuals and SOPs.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professional decorum.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office 2013, 365, and Microsoft OS Windows 10.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills.
- Valid Driver’s License needed to operate vehicle and transport IT equipment. Must have safe driving record, follow all state and national driving laws, rules, and regulations. Must follow prearranged routes to destination and use maps and GPS to navigate route. Must also maintain Government vehicle upkeep and cleanliness.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 50 pounds at any given time.
- Must be able stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl to provide end-user support.
- Must be able to adapt communication styles to suite different audiences.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
- Must be able to use a keyboard and do manual tasks for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
- Each employee is responsible for practicing Environmental Safety and health (ES&H) measures daily. Each employee is responsible for becoming familiar with IMC ES&H policies and procedures and to practice said safety measures daily.
- IMC Quality Policy: IMC will meet or exceed customer requirements by delivering quality services and products in a timely, cost effective, and ethical manner and builds partnering relationships with all clients.
- Pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Must be willing and able to complete a DoE low risk background investigation for the position.
Desired Qualifications: It is desirable that the candidate has the following qualifications:
- A+ Certification.
- Knowledge of SSCM, Active Directory, Cisco VPN Client, MS Teams, McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator..
Innovative Management Concepts, Inc. (IMC), a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business, provides a broad range of information technology services to government and commercial clients. Since its founding in 1989, IMC has offered solutions and expertise in: IT operations and maintenance, cyber security, systems and network engineering and support services, cloud/hosting services, software engineering and development, website services, software quality assurance and testing (including IV&V), and project management. IMC is certified in International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001:2015 Quality Management, ISO 27000:2013 Information Security Management System, and ISO 20000-1:2011 Information Technology Service Management. Find out more about IMC at www.imcva.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.