Help Desk Analyst (IMC00415)
Dependent on qualifications
|Mandatory Job Requirements:||
|Applications Accepted By:||
Email: Michelle Might, Corporate Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Subject Line: Help Desk Analyst (IMC00415)
The help desk analyst is an entry-level service desk/call center position where second line analysis and troubleshooting for application-specific issues are reported for a highly visible and high-profile Government contract.
Responsibilities: The position will include, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Resolve Tier 2 level application system inquiries, requests, and incidents by:
- Clarifying the initial request or incident,
- Determining the issue to be resolved,
- Researching solutions for the root cause,
- Escalating for quick resolution turnaround,
- Following up as appropriate to confirm resolution, and
- Documenting resolution activities in trouble ticket tracking system and knowledge management.
- Effectively transfer cases to other support groups and escalate to the next appropriate tier level.
- Meet enforced service level agreements.
- Efficiently handle high-volume ticket queue by supporting 50–100 tickets on a daily basis.
- Actively participate in all meetings such as, but not limited to, weekly staff meetings, Pre-Scrum, Scrum, Validation, Weekly Live Meeting, USB, Weekly Ticket Tag-Up, Weekly Implementation Call on a rotational basis as necessary.
- Prepare accurate documentation to support and maintain a working knowledge base of service desk processes including pertinent guidelines, regulations, compliance issues, and documentation requirements as well as reference only application reference guides.
- Respond to action items to fulfill urgent internal/external requests.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for the application, functional user roles, and service desk processes and procedures.
- Support focus teams or specialized projects to promote rapid improvement turnaround.
- Maintain a professional and pleasant manner using proper customer service skills via (telephone and/or email).
- Ability to support a fast-paced and agile learning environment.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, to support incoming customer support calls and emails.
- Analytically inclined with attention to detail and accuracy and consistent follow-through to assure problems are resolved with the ability to respond to last minute requests.
- Identify and articulate key information in an efficient and timely manner.
- Handle varied customer requests, incidents, and problems with regards to the Veterans Benefits Management System (VBMS) application.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment when handling situational occurrences.
- Analyze and recommend alternative solutions to meet customer needs.
- Build credibility and trust with customers.
- Identify areas of opportunity to improve customer satisfaction.
- Support the team process and participate on cross-functional teams.
- Responsible for handling after-hours on call support (when necessary).
- Other duties as assigned.
Basic Required Qualifications and Skills: Note: These are mandatory items that all candidates must have when making application to IMC for this position. Please ensure that your submission addresses each of these requirement items. Candidates without these required elements will not be considered.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in a service desk environment.
- High school diploma, or, in lieu of education, 3-5+ years’ experience.
- Proven experience in ongoing support of client specific application systems.
- Experience and ability to export and manipulate data to create and support reports.
- Experience using ticketing software such as Service Now or Service Desk Manager with a thorough understanding of ITIL best practices.
- Experience supporting intermediate level Microsoft Office core applications, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Microsoft SharePoint, Agile, Java and Acrobat Adobe.
- Must have excellent multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Physical requirements include lifting and/or pulling up to 40lbs., sitting, bending, and standing.
- The equipment used in this position includes but is not limited to: computers, servers, and network devices.
- Availability to travel if necessary.
- Due to a customer requirement, as a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate will be required to obtain and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing employment.
- Pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- This position requires the ability to obtain a VA designated Low-Risk Background Investigation (BI).
Innovative Management Concepts, Inc. (IMC), a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business, provides a broad range of information technology services to government and commercial clients. Since its founding in 1989, IMC has offered solutions and expertise in: IT operations and maintenance, cyber security, systems and network engineering and support services, cloud/hosting services, software engineering and development, website services, software quality assurance and testing (including IV&V), and project management. IMC is certified in International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001:2015 Quality Management, ISO 27000:2013 Information Security Management System, and ISO 20000-1:2011 Information Technology Service Management. Find out more about IMC at www.imcva.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.