Help Desk Specialist (IMC0599)
San Antonio, TX
Dependent on qualifications
|Mandatory Job Requirements:||
|Applications Accepted By:||
Email: Michelle Might, Corporate Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Subject Line: IT Technician (IMC00599)
This position provides IT Service Desk Operations support for several facilities centered around Lackland AFB. Primary responsibilities all center around assisting End Users resolve IT issues via the helpdesk and trouble ticketing systems.
Duties/Responsibilities: This position will include, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Monitor and respond to hardware, software, and network problems utilizing hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
- Interface with vendor support service groups to ensure appropriate notification during outages or period of degraded system performance.
- Assist with installation of terminals and associated hardware.
- In support of microcomputer applications, analyzes requirements; creates, designs, and develops requirements in required media; provides program support; tests, debugs and writes documentation as required.
- Provide customer assistance support in setting up microcomputers and/or installing software packages, when required.
- Provide user training for hardware/software products; identifies problems and resolves hardware/software/network malfunctions; performs minor hardware/software/network maintenance such as board replacement, cable switching, communication assistance, hardware (printers) installation/replacement; interfaces with mainframe, LANs, networks, provides analysis support for such requirements.
- Operate the computer consoles, following prescribed scheduled work sheet instructions. Responds to basic console message error halts and report unusual occurrences to appropriate personnel. Isolates causes of machine stops or malfunctions and initiates corrective action to fix and prevent future problems.
- Perform Start Up, Power Off, Shutdowns, and Power Failure Recovery procedures when required.
- Promptly and accurately reports all maintenance calls. Notifies vendors of software and hardware problems. Works with vendors to correct system faults.
- Support functional users in troubleshooting computer related problems. Polite, patient, and customer focused assistance is a must. Notify users of modified input data/format requirements.
- Adhere to AF, DHA, JBSA Lackland, 59 MDW, and AFMRA regulations concerning Computer Operations.
- Support users in the structuring of requests and inquiries with a user-oriented language; identifies possible technical problems in the terminal, communication lines, or the computer system; and advises the terminal user of where and how to acquire appropriate technical assistance.
- Use trouble ticket software (Remedy or other method as mutually agreed upon by COR and Site Lead) to document and maintain all user trouble calls. A ticket number will be given to the customer when the ticket is created.
- Conduct on-the job orientation, demonstrates how to operate equipment, loads new software releases, submits Communications-Computer Systems Requirements Document (CSRD) and System Change Requests (SCR), and assists functional users with any system problems they may encounter.
- Conduct all In/Out processing of AFMRA, AFMSA, and 1 MRS personnel.
- Perform approximately 1,200 CAC resets per year.
- Operate in the position of alternate Senior IT Technician.
- Provide overall support for VTCs, provide VTC support service until the completion of the event, provide training on VTC equipment, configuration of user log-on routines, maintenance of workstations, and associated peripherals.
Basic Required Qualifications and Skills: Note: These are mandatory items that all candidates must have when making application to IMC for this position. Please ensure that your submission addresses each of these requirement items. Candidates without these required elements will not be considered.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Six (6) years of experience in computer system/network support. Includes three (3) years of specialized experience related to Hardware PC Technician.
- Six (6) years of experience with: PC Network, Windows OS and Active Directory.
- At start date must possess a CompTIA Security+ certification in ACTIVE status.
- Local travel is required, must have a valid driver’s license.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to stay focused.
- Pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- All applicants must have current DoD Secret clearance.
Innovative Management Concepts, Inc. (IMC), a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business, provides a broad range of information technology services to government and commercial clients. Since its founding in 1989, IMC has offered solutions and expertise in: IT operations and maintenance, cyber security, systems and network engineering and support services, data management, cloud/hosting services, software engineering and development, website services, software quality assurance and testing (including IV&V), and project management. IMC is certified in International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001 Quality Management, ISO 27000 Information Security Management System, ISO 20000-1 Information Technology Service Management, and ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems. Find out more about IMC at www.imcva.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.