HR Director (IMC00246)
Dependent on qualifications
|Mandatory Job Requirements:||
|Applications Accepted By:||
E-mail: Michelle Might, Corporate Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Subject Line: HR Director (IMC00246)
IMC is seeking a director of human resources to create and lead a streamlined HR infrastructure enabling a higher performing, motivated, and engaged workforce. The HR director will be an experienced and hands-on leader capable of proving strategic and tactical support to deliver HR services and programs. This individual will be responsible for advising on all areas of HR, including talent management, career development, organizational development, performance management, employee relations, and government regulations. This will be a hands-on position and not just a management position, and will report to the IMC vice president of the Corporate Program Management Office.
Responsibilities: The HR director position will include, but is not limited to the following tasks:
- Evaluate and implement company culture, values, and policies.
- Work closely with senior leaders to provide expertise and hands-on support in multiple areas including: workforce planning, onboarding, employee retention, employee relations, management coaching, performance management, and change management.
- Develop organization strategies by
- Identifying and researching human resource issues,
- Contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to organization strategic thinking and direction, and
- Stabilizing human resources objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Review existing HR programs and processes with HR staff to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Oversee and manage the work of reporting HR staff. Encourages the ongoing development of the HR staff.
- Implement HR strategies by establishing department accountabilities in the following areas: talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention, AA/EEO compliance, and labor relations.
- Manage HR operations by
- Orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining staff,
- Planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing staff job contributions,
- Maintaining compensation,
- Resolving problems, and
- Implementing change.
- Conduct a continuing study of all HR policies, programs, and practices to keep management informed of new developments.
- Support management by providing HR advice, counsel, and decisions as well as analyzing information and applications.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Update job knowledge by participating in conferences and educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Perform other duties as required.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
Note: These are mandatory items that all candidates must have when making application to IMC for this position. Please ensure that your submission addresses each of these requirement items. Candidates without these required elements will not be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field or 15+ years in a human resources position.
- Minimum of 7 years of human resource management experience.
- Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, and training and development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with the company executive leadership.
- HR experience working for a federal contractor and/or in a federal agency environment.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office products.
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
It is desirable that the candidate has the following qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification.
Innovative Management Concepts, Inc. (IMC), a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business, provides a broad range of information technology services to government and commercial clients. Since its founding in 1989, IMC has offered solutions and expertise in: IT operations and maintenance, cyber security, systems and network engineering and support services, cloud/hosting services, software engineering and development, website services, software quality assurance and testing (including IV&V), and project management. IMC is certified in International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001:2015 Quality Management, ISO 27000:2013 Information Technology Security Management, and ISO 20000:2011 Information Technology Service Management. Find out more about IMC at www.imcva.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.