Incident Manager (IMC00494)
Falls Church, VA
Dependent on qualifications
|Mandatory Job Requirements:||
|Applications Accepted By:||
Email: Michelle Might, Corporate Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Subject Line: Incident Manager (IMC00494)
Provide expert IT service management process proficiency, procedure, and design. Responsible for executing the Incident Management processes, minimizing the likelihood and impact of incidents through identification of root causes, workarounds, and known errors through development and use of structured process and procedures. Broad knowledge of IT operations and systems is required to effectively manage tasking in this area. Works with the enterprise monitoring and user support organizations to identify and resolve production issues rapidly. Supports the Incident Management function with data and insights collected during problem investigations and participates in root cause analysis and corrective action planning.
Shift for this position is Monday – Friday 9am – 6pm.
The equipment used in this position includes but is not limited to, computers, servers, and network devices.
Duties/Responsibilities: This position will include, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Investigate and diagnose Incidents to restore a failed IT Service as quickly as possible.
- Resolve Incidents within the specified Service Level Agreements/Operational Level Agreements.
- Document troubleshooting steps and service restoration details.
- Create and submit knowledge articles.
- Provide specialized investigation and diagnosis of all Incidents and Service Requests.
- Verify resolution with end-users and resolve assigned Incidents.
- Log all incidents and their resolution to see if there are recurring malfunctions.
- Adjust the incident management process as required to ensure its effectiveness.
- Responsible for executing the Incident Management processes minimizing the likelihood and impact of incidents through identification of root causes, workarounds, and known errors through development and use of structured process and procedures.
- Create and maintains a problem register and database of known errors using ITSM tools (Remedy and moving to ServiceNow when ARNG transitions) and techniques.
- Work with technical teams to resolve problems permanently and facilitate the steps necessary to eliminate problems from the production environment.
- Work with the enterprise monitoring and user support organizations to identify and resolve production issues rapidly.
- Support the Incident Management function with data and insights collected during problem investigations and participates in root cause analysis and corrective action planning.
- Actively participate in all meetings such as, but not limited to weekly staff meetings, weekly training, Weekly Ticket Tag-Up, etc.
- Excellent managerial skills and ability to collaborate with team members.
- Ability to analyze a high volume of technical data and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and time management skills
- Broad knowledge of IT operations and systems
- Support a fast-paced transitional environment.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both verbal and written to support incoming customer support calls and emails.
- Analytically inclined with attention to detail and accuracy and consistent follow-through to assure problems are resolved with the ability to respond to last minute requests.
- Identify and articulate key information in an efficient and timely manner.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment when handling situational occurrences.
- Analyze and recommend alternative solutions to meet customer needs.
- Build credibility and trust with customers.
- Identify areas of opportunity to improve customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrate excellent multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Support the team process and participates on cross-functional teams.
- Responsible for handling after-hours on call support (when necessary).
Basic Required Qualifications and Skills: Note: These are mandatory items that all candidates must have when making application to IMC for this position. Please ensure that your submission addresses each of these requirement items. Candidates without these required elements will not be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in a related field.
- Eight or more years of experience with system, database, security, network administration.
- Possess at least three of the following certifications:
- ITIL v3 Expert
- Experience using Cisco, Palo Alto, and Microsoft tool sets.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to stay focused.
- Due to a customer requirement, as a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate will be required to obtain and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing employment.
- Pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- All applicants must have current DoD Secret clearance.
Desired Qualifications and Skills: It is desirable that the candidate has the following qualifications:
- Major Incident Manager (MIM)
- CREST Certified Incident Manager (CCIM)
- ITIL 4 Managing Professional (ITIL MP)
- ITIL Master in IT Service Management (ITIL M)
Innovative Management Concepts, Inc. (IMC), a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business, provides a broad range of information technology services to government and commercial clients. Since its founding in 1989, IMC has offered solutions and expertise in: IT operations and maintenance, cyber security, systems and network engineering and support services, data management, cloud/hosting services, software engineering and development, website services, software quality assurance and testing (including IV&V), and project management. IMC is certified in International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001 Quality Management, ISO 27000 Information Security Management System, and ISO 20000-1 Information Technology Service Management. Find out more about IMC at www.imcva.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.