Information System Security Engineer (IMC00346)
Lakewood, CO, Loveland, CO, Folsom, CA, Phoenix, AZ
Dependent on qualifications
|Mandatory Job Requirements:||
|Applications Accepted By:||
Email: Michelle Might, Corporate Recruiter, email@example.com
Email Subject Line: Information System Security Engineer (IMC00346)
The information systems security engineer (ISSE) will provide overall support of network defense activities, provide an in-depth analysis of suspected malicious code and/or infected systems and network devices. The ISSE will be a subject matter expert (SME) and escalation point for Splunk-related incidents, problems, changes and projects.
The ISSE position will include, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Provide Linux participation in the Splunk architecture and strategy programs, with the ability to drive the implementation of the strategic vision for Splunk within the organization.
- Work to solve unique problems across a variety of use cases within Splunk.
- Plan, design, test, and integrate new security products.
- Provide engineering support for all primary systems, such as network-based intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDS/IPS).
- Maintain system baselines and configuration management items, including security event monitoring policies.
- Analyze data flows into, out of, and across the network to identify and rectify any security gaps
- Maintain knowledgebase to include network diagrams for cyber defense capabilities and engineer, configure and deploy Enterprise SIEM/SEM and log management solutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Skills: Note: These are mandatory items that all candidates must have when making application to IMC for this position. Please ensure that your submission addresses each of these requirement items. Candidates without these required elements will not be considered.
- BS or BA degree is required in an appropriate field (e.g., computer science, information systems, systems engineering).
- 5+ years of experience in Cyber Security.
- 3+ years of experience with Linux and Windows Systems Administration.
- Hands-on experience with SPLUNK, network security and system security, supporting security information and event management tools (SIEMs).
- 2+ years of experience with rule and advanced logic creation within Splunk.
- Knowledge of Splunk best practices.
- Experience with Nessus Security Center.
- Knowledge of enterprise system and network logging, with a focus on security event logging.
- Knowledge of regular expressions.
- Knowledge of Splunk common information model (CIM).
- Ability to participate in an on-call rotation.
- Pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Must be willing and able to complete a DoE low-risk background investigation for the position.
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- Cyber certifications (e.g., CISSP, CYSA+, Security+).
- Network Certifications (e.g., CCNA, Network+).
- Experience using scripting languages to automate tasks and manipulate data (e.g., Java, Python, Shell).
- Experience with SolarWinds Orion.
- Experience with Palo Alto Network devices.
- Experience with F5 Security Suite.
Innovative Management Concepts, Inc. (IMC), a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business, provides a broad range of information technology services to government and commercial clients. Since its founding in 1989, IMC has offered solutions and expertise in: IT operations and maintenance, cyber security, systems and network engineering and support services, cloud/hosting services, software engineering and development, website services, software quality assurance and testing (including IV&V), and project management. IMC is certified in International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001:2015 Quality Management, ISO 27000:2013 Information Security Management System, and ISO 20000-1:2011 Information Technology Service Management. Find out more about IMC at www.imcva.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.