IT Trainer (IMC00358)
Folsom, CA, Lakewood, CO, Loveland, CO, Phoenix, AZ
Dependent on qualifications
|Mandatory Job Requirements:||
|Applications Accepted By:||
Email: Michelle Might, Corporate Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Subject Line: IT Trainer (IMC00358)
The role of the Western Area Power Administration (WAPA) instructional technologist (WIT) is to provide instruction, training, and resources in order to facilitate the use of technology within WAPA which will increase employees' use and knowledge about technologies and tools used at WAPA. The WIT will assess and evaluate training needs, develop a comprehensive WAPA training curriculum for IT user enhancement, develop education/training materials, and provide instructional training (classroom, eLearning, and self-help guides).
Job Duties: Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assesses, designs, and conceptualizes training scenarios, approaches, objectives, plans, tools, aids, curriculums, and other state-of-the-art technologies related to training.
- Identifies the best approach training requirements to include, but not limited to hardware, software, simulations, course assessment and refreshment, assessment centers, oral examinations, interviews, computer assisted and adaptive testing, behavior-based assessment and performance, and team and unit assessment and measurement.
- Monitors and reports the effectiveness of training on employees during the orientation period and for career development.
- Offer the skills and approaches to provide classroom and live, interactive, online courses and events.
- Use evidence-based performance research to provide the skills and knowledge necessary to improve performance within the WAPA organization.
- Provide the materials and tools needed to develop and manage performance improvement.
- Be very effective at designing, developing, and teaching lesson plans and a variety of training material (i.e., quick guides, classroom guides, hand-outs), using desktop publishing, submitting initial versions for review, and revising and editing final copy.
- WAPA has adopted Modern Workplace with Microsoft 365 solutions. The trainer will author job aids, develop and teach training modules related to standard 365 apps, Files and content (e.g., One Drive), Work Management (Power Apps, Planner), Advanced Analytics (Power BI) and other device management apps and security protection.
- WAPA uses ServiceNow for a multitude of activities/tasks and is in process of developing other modules within ServiceNow. The trainer must develop and teach training modules on topics such as the onboarding of new employees, offboarding employees, and other ServiceNow-related training needs.
- Conducts computer training needs assessment by collecting information pertaining to work procedures, workflow, and reports, understanding job-specific functions and tasks.
- Maintains safe and healthy training environment by following organization standards and legal regulations.
- Coordinate equipment and room requests as required for the training being presented.
- Conducts training classes by presenting job-specific, company-specific, and generic software applications and personal computer classes.
- Ensures operation of training equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturers' instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for repairs, maintaining equipment inventories, and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Evaluates training by evaluating effectiveness of training to specific job applications.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing publications.
Required Qualifications: Note: These are mandatory items that all candidates must have when making application to IMC for this position. Please ensure that your submission addresses each of these requirement items. Candidates without these required elements will not be considered.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- 4+ years of relevant experience in training and development.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have strong judgment, organizational, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to gain, understand and apply knowledge from technical manuals and SOPs.
- Strong understanding of training needs when developing materials for both classroom (ILT) and via web-based (OLT) delivery.
- Excellent writing proficiency and creative training ability, and graphic design knowledge/ability.
- Must be highly professional, dynamic, engaged and energetic.
- Must have a solid understanding of different learning styles.
- Must be able to prioritize, organize and schedule work; communicate by tactfully and courteously explaining orally and in writing technical and non-technical information; establish effective working relationships throughout the IT department; analyze, identify, articulate, and solve training-related problems.
- Pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Must be willing and able to complete a DoE low risk background investigation for the position.
- Experience developing training for Microsoft 365 and/or ServiceNow.
- Ability to quickly learn about WAPA systems and the technology.
Innovative Management Concepts, Inc. (IMC), a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business, provides a broad range of information technology services to government and commercial clients. Since its founding in 1989, IMC has offered solutions and expertise in: IT operations and maintenance, cyber security, systems and network engineering and support services, cloud/hosting services, software engineering and development, website services, software quality assurance and testing (including IV&V), and project management. IMC is certified in International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001:2015 Quality Management, ISO 27000:2013 Information Security Management System, and ISO 20000-1:2011 Information Technology Service Management. Find out more about IMC at www.imcva.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.