Java Software Developer (IMC00466)
Dependent on qualifications
|Mandatory Job Requirements:||
|Applications Accepted By:||
Email: Michelle Might, Corporate Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Subject Line: Java Software Developer (IMC00466)
IMC is supporting the Air Force Material Command, Enterprise Environmental Safety and Occupational Health (EESOH) organization by providing the Development Security Operations (DevSecOps) continuous capability development/sustainment (CCD/S) support necessary to maintain and enhance the fielded baselines (software, technical, and online repositories), help desk Tier I, II, and III services, and data stewarding activities necessary to sustain the Enterprise Environmental Safety and Occupational Health Management Information System (EESOH-MIS) application and support EESOH-MIS stakeholders. The EESOH system helps organizations manage risks and costs associated with environmental, health and safety issues. EESOH-MIS supports the Air Force, the Navy, and the Coast Guard.
Duties/Responsibilities: This position will include, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Perform full stack development.
- Design, develop, test, and integrate system and software changes.
- Perform maintenance and enhancements of the current capabilities.
- Develop new capabilities in accordance with requirements.
- Enhance existing reports and create new reports.
- Perform code reviews.
- Perform unit testing, (automated and manual) in accordance with acceptance criteria.
- Provide auditable documentation.
- Integrate AWS services into the EESOH-MIS application.
- Participate (actively) in refinement sessions for Jira Stories with Agile team and Product Owners.
Basic Required Qualifications and Skills: Note: These are mandatory items that all candidates must have when making application to IMC for this position. Please ensure that your submission addresses each of these requirement items. Candidates without these required elements will not be considered.
- B.S. in computer science, software engineering, or three years of development experience.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Experience with:
- Relational database: Oracle SQL and Oracle PL/SQL
- Experience with:
- AWS Infrastructure as a Service (IaC) deployment scripting
- AWS Linux 2
- Experience/Familiarization with:
- Jasper Reports/iReport, EclipseLink
- Tools: Atlassian tool suite (Jira, BitBucket)
- Experience with Unit Test software.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work with remote team members.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams with a deep understanding of the design process leading into a solution.
- Team player with a sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success.
- Self-development skills to keep up to date with fast-changing trends.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Mathematical aptitude and strong problem-solving skills.
- Pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship
- Ability to obtain a favorably completed DoD T1 investigation (Formerly known as National Agency Check with Written Inquiries (NACI)).
Desired Qualifications and Skills: It is desirable that the candidate has the following qualifications:
- Experience with the following: Eclipse IDE, HTML 5, CSS 3, XML, Glassfish Application Server, Docker, Maven, Spring Framework, Jakarta EE
- AWS CLI, YAML, Nginx
Innovative Management Concepts, Inc. (IMC), a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business, provides a broad range of information technology services to government and commercial clients. Since its founding in 1989, IMC has offered solutions and expertise in: IT operations and maintenance, cyber security, systems and network engineering and support services, data management, cloud/hosting services, software engineering and development, website services, software quality assurance and testing (including IV&V), and project management. IMC is certified in International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001 Quality Management, ISO 27000 Information Security Management System, and ISO 20000-1 Information Technology Service Management. Find out more about IMC at www.imcva.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.