LAN/AD Lead (IMC00367)
Dependent on qualifications
|Mandatory Job Requirements:||
|Applications Accepted By:||
Email: Michelle Might, Corporate Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Subject Line: LAN/AD Lead (IMC00367)
IMC is supporting the Army National Guard (ARNG) National Capital Region (NCR), and the Local Area Network (LAN) and Active Directory (AD) lead will report to the program manager and provide onsite (Arlington, VA) support. The LAN and AD lead will be responsible for all process and operational performance aspects for a team of 15 administrators and engineers supporting an end-user community of nearly 4,000. The LAN and AD lead’s role is to plan, organize, and manage the staff and overall operations relative to network and server platforms to ensure the stable operation of the organization’s IT infrastructure.
Responsibilities: The candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to the following duties:
- Lead, manage, and provide guidance and direction to network administrators, network engineers, system administrators and system engineers; conduct performance reviews and administer any required corrective actions.
- Implement policies and procedures regarding how problems are identified, received, documented, distributed, and corrected.
- Design and implement short-and long-term strategic plans to ensure infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for infrastructure administration and end-user support.
- Participate in the development of ITIL-based strategies in collaboration with the PMO team.
- Assist with the planning and deployment of infrastructure security measures.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, decision-makers, stakeholders, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent infrastructure activities.
- Practice IT asset management, including maintenance of component inventory and related documentation.
- Ensure policies, procedures, and practices are documented.
- Ensure maximum issue resolutions in minimum time correlating to customer service level agreements (SLAs).
- Rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Lead and direct the work of others including highly technical personnel.
- Invoke problem escalation procedures to coordinate recovery.
- Isolate problem trends and ensure that troubleshooting efforts are completed for recurring problems until permanent solutions are found.
- Ensure coordination among the team.
- Interface with NGB users of IT, employing a high degree of tact and diplomacy to promote a positive image of the department.
- Resolve problem situations in a professional manner.
- Accurately communicate pertinent information to create a work environment that lends itself to the best interests of departmental personnel and customer service.
- Manage multiple high priority initiatives in a fast paced highly technical environment.
- Manage the operational staff, including consultation on performance evaluations and promotions.
Basic Required Qualifications and Skills: Note: These are mandatory items that all candidates must have when making application to IMC for this position. Please ensure that your submission addresses each of these requirement items. Candidates without these required elements will not be considered.
- At start date, must possess current IAT Level II Certification. One or more of the following certifications in ACTIVE status are acceptable.
- CCNA Security
- Security+ CE
- A minimum of five years of experience managing network services for a similar network to that of the current ARNG NEC environment.
- Extensive leadership skills and experience with teams of similar size; able to command the respect of strong-willed technical personnel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Self-starting with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrate excellent oral, written, and analytical communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience supporting customers with classified and unclassified environments.
- Experience leading technical teams to resolve technical issues in classified and unclassified environments.
- Experience in overall customer/vendor management best practices.
- Proven capability to analyze trends and metrics, ensuring team adjustments to concur complex problems in a helpdesk environment, while maintaining a positive customer experience.
- Extensive background in motivating staff to complete their tasks within service level agreements (SLAs) or above SLA standards.
- Experience establishing and meeting goals for service improvement, collection of metrics, and reporting – results oriented.
- Strong experience implementing and maintaining the NEC’s systems security level to pass all relevant CCRI inspections.
- Pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- All applicants must have current DoD Top Secret clearance eligibility day one and prior to entry on duty with the ability to pass an SSBI background investigation to up-scope their clearance to Top Secret/SCI.
Desired Qualifications and Skills: It is desirable that the candidate has the following qualifications:
- One to three years of experience with ITIL processes and procedures and ensuring process improvement.
- ITIL Foundation certification or higher.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- A relevant educational degree.
- IAT Level III certification in ACTIVE status.
- CASP CE
- CISSP (or Associate)
- Demonstrated experience with BMC Remedy 7.6 or 9.1.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Outlook, Visio.
- Experience working with SharePoint document libraries and lists.
Innovative Management Concepts, Inc. (IMC), a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business, provides a broad range of information technology services to government and commercial clients. Since its founding in 1989, IMC has offered solutions and expertise in: IT operations and maintenance, cyber security, systems and network engineering and support services, cloud/hosting services, software engineering and development, website services, software quality assurance and testing (including IV&V), and project management. IMC is certified in International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001:2015 Quality Management, ISO 27000:2013 Information Security Management System, and ISO 20000-1:2011 Information Technology Service Management. Find out more about IMC at www.imcva.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.