Network Engineer, SME (IMC00619)
Dependent on qualifications
|Mandatory Job Requirements:||
|Applications Accepted By:||
Email: Michelle Might, Corporate Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Subject Line: Network Engineer, SME (IMC00619)
The network engineer will support Marine Corps Base Hawaii (MCBH) S-6, Communication Information Systems Directorate and be responsible for engineering and integration support to maintain and grow current capabilities.
Duties/Responsibilities: This position will include, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Maintain and monitor networking equipment supporting UC/Wireless requirements.
- Engineer, install, and manage integration to upgrade existing network components.
- Manage technical network solutions and frameworks.
- Perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose complex network problems and system upgrades.
- Upgrade network hardware and software components as required.
- Design, test, and inspect network systems.
- Perform network planning, modeling, and analysis.
- Install and maintain hardware such as cables, hubs, routers, and wireless adaptors.
- Design, implement and manage security countermeasures when network vulnerabilities arise.
- Analyze, engineer, and execute software functions.
- Develop and deliver professional proposals and design documentation.
- Coordinate with technology vendors.
- Create technical plans and layouts of IP based data communication networks.
- Establish and maintain the network performance.
- Perform net configuration and connection engineering.
- Perform IP address auditing.
- Establish networking environment through system configuration design and direction of system installation.
- Define, document, and enforce system standards.
- Perform router configuration, data server and network equipment updates.
- Collaborate on network optimization.
- Secure network system through policy establishment and access monitoring.
- Other duties as assigned.
Basic Required Qualifications and Skills: Note: These are mandatory items that all candidates must have when making application to IMC for this position. Please ensure that your submission addresses each of these requirement items. Candidates without these required elements will not be considered.
- At start date, must possess one or more of the following current certifications in ACTIVE status:
- CCNP – Cisco Certified Network Professional
- CUCM – Cisco Unified CM
- 10+ years of experience designing local, regional WAN and network systems and subsystems supporting voice, video, data, and imagery information.
- Strong knowledge of strategic network management across an entire theater or region.
- 5+ years of experience leading teams of network engineers.
- Extensive knowledge of VOICE topology.
- Ability to work with a team and work well under tight deadlines.
- The ability to interpret technical manuals and schematic designs.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Exceptional communication, customer service skills and experience interfacing with General Officers and other senior leadership.
- Pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- All applicants must have current DoD Secret clearance day one and prior to entry on duty with the ability to pass an SSBI background investigation to up-scope their clearance to Top Secret.
Desired Qualifications and Skills: It is desirable that the candidate has the following qualifications:
- Possess a Computing Environment Commercial Certification in ACTIVE status.
- CCDP (Design)
- CCNA (Voice)
- 10+ years working with DoD IA policy and guidelines and applying implications on network architecture design and configuration.
- Ability to survey and review current architecture, systems and services, and operational capabilities.
- Ability to provide recommendations to meet operational IT needs.
- Survey and assess the condition of the site(s)’ facilities to assess potential upgrades that may impact equipment installation related to the network and/or growth projects.
- Ability to provide a System Design Plan (SDP) to include:
- Details for all required actions to complete the project, drawings of existing floor plans, proposed floor plans, rack elevations, and shelf configurations.
- Details of all cable runs (e.g., fiber, copper, power, grounding) in Spreadsheet form, site preparation actions (e.g., facilities, power, grounding and bounding).
- Systems Integration Test (SIT) and Systems Acceptance Test (SAT) plans including the test results, and Final Implementation Schedule.
Innovative Management Concepts, Inc. (IMC), a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business, provides a broad range of information technology IT services to government and commercial customers by placing a high priority on modernization, enhancing business processes through technology, and creating efficiencies through automation. Since its founding in 1989, IMC has offered solutions and expertise in: IT operations and maintenance, data management, cyber security, systems and network engineering and administration, cloud/hosting services, software development, website services, software quality assurance and testing (including IV&V), and project management. IMC is certified in International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001 Quality Management, ISO 27001 Information Technology Security Management, ISO 20000 Information Technology Service Management, and ISO 14001 Environmental Management System. Committed to continuous improvement and information security, IMC has been appraised at level 3 of the CMMI Institute’s Capability Maturity Model Integration for both Development and Services and we are CMMC Level 2 (Ver 2.0) compliant. Find out more about IMC at www.imcva.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.