Procurement Specialist (IMC00273)
Dependent on qualifications
|Mandatory Job Requirements:||
|Applications Accepted By:||
E-mail: Michelle Might, Corporate Recruiter, email@example.com
IMC is seeking an energetic professional to manage and execute the assigned buying activities for IMC with products deployed worldwide for a diverse client base. We are looking for a team member that will own and be accountable for their assigned buying activities from initiation of requirements through delivery. This is not just a purchasing job - it requires strategic planning and development of acquisition strategies, sources of supply, and proactive support of cost-down initiatives. The procurement specialist will serve in the IMC Contracting Division and will report to the director of contracts at IMC headquarters in Dulles, VA.
- Purchases technical and professional services, by using various purchase methods (Open Market, Government Sources of supply, etc.) to buy a variety of complex items.
- Complies with all provisions of the Federal contract and IMC SOPs as related to the Purchasing/Procurement function.
- Uses Government specifications and detailed purchase descriptions to obtain and evaluate proposals and negotiate contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
- Implements and maintains a Government Approved Purchasing system.
- Verifies purchase requisitions by comparing items requested to master list, clarifying unclear items, and recommending alternatives.
- Forwards available inventory items by verifying stock and scheduling delivery. Prepares purchase orders by verifying specifications and price, obtaining recommendations from suppliers for substitute items, and obtaining approval from requisitioning department.
- Obtains purchased items by forwarding orders to suppliers, monitoring and expediting orders, and will verify receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolves shipments in error with suppliers.
- Authorizes payment for purchases by forwarding receiving documentation and keeps information accessible by sorting and filing documents, including approval of invoice exceptions (quantity or price differs from the purchase order) for payment by Coordinating with Finance function to confirm pricing information.
- Provides purchasing planning and control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends, and seeks out and identifies opportunities for value creation (cost savings, cost avoidance, revenue enhancement) and risk reduction.
- Prepares purchase orders and delivery schedules including verifying price and specifications.
- Identifies, analyzes, and qualifies vendors, which includes monitoring vendors' adherence to quality standards, delivery schedules, and contract terms. Determine points when supplier base should be expanded.
- Participates in weekly meeting which involves internal company groups to ensure prompt correction of vendor issues. Brief supervisor and management on procurement status, highlighting risk areas and risk mitigation approach.
- Practices superior customer service and communication, including timely feedback on purchase requests.
- Develops procurement plan to support programs/projects. Purchases materials, parts, supplies, and equipment following established purchasing policies and procedures and optimizes price, delivery, and terms with minimum supervision.
- Develops economic purchase strategy. Sources production materials and components, with consideration given to price, quality, and availability.
- Helps monitor parts obsolescence. Interacts with stakeholders of purchased or manufactured components to address defective or unacceptable goods or services to determine source of the problem and take corrective action.
- Develops and maintains project schedule, ensuring supplies/services are received in timely manner.
- Develops Supplier Agreements and similar arrangements in order to create stable supplier list and best pricing. Reviews bid proposals and negotiates contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
- Maintains procurement records such as items or services, purchased costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories.
- Runs past due reports and exceptions reports to accommodate planning and production changes.
- Partners with cross-functional team members to determine product needs and plans/schedules appropriately ensuring purchased parts/services support production schedule.
- Performs risk assessments to identify and mitigate program cost risks with Supply Chain.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience as a procurement specialist/buyer.
- 3-5 years of experience performing procurement specialist/buyer duties.
- Experience with Federal Acquisition Regulations.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft suite of applications is required.
- Experience in locating and qualifying new sources of supply, negotiating cost-down approaches, including long-term purchase agreements, and other strategic arrangements.
- Knowledge of bills of materials (BOM) and dependencies.
- Demonstrated experience serving as a change agent.
- Must be able to work successfully in a cross-functional manner to support operations in a fast-paced work environment.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, with ability to multi-task, with strong follow up skills. Strong ability to understand and adjust to priorities. Ability to identify problems, recommend solutions, and negotiate and execute contingency plans.
- Demonstrated understanding of the impact of business decisions, and the change environment as it relates to documentation.
- Ability to create and coordinate routine reports, presentations, correspondence, and track activities by metrics.
- Must have good communication skills, both written and oral, with advanced word processing skills.
- Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- All applicants must have current DoD Secret clearance eligibility day one and prior to entry on duty.
It is desirable that the candidate has the following qualifications:
- Experience in a Department of Defense environment.
- Experience working in a Federal Government Approved Purchasing System environment.
Innovative Management Concepts, Inc. (IMC), a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business, provides a broad range of information technology services to government and commercial clients. Since its founding in 1989, IMC has offered solutions and expertise in: IT operations and maintenance, cyber security, systems and network engineering and support services, cloud/hosting services, software engineering and development, website services, software quality assurance and testing (including IV&V), and project management. IMC is certified in International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001:2015 Quality Management, ISO 27000:2013 Information Technology Security Management, and ISO 20000:2011 Information Technology Service Management. Find out more about IMC at www.imcva.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.