Project Lead/Test Engineer (IMC00324)
Washington DC Metro Area
Dependent on qualifications
|Mandatory Job Requirements:||
|Applications Accepted By:||
Email: Michelle Might, Corporate Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Subject Line: Project Lead/Test Engineer (IMC00324)
The project lead/test engineer will assist or lead in the development and implementation of solutions to meet the client’s needs for a project with the USSS. The project lead/test engineer will apply strong business skills and methodologies to interpret data and deliver solutions. This position will also support software testing, including Section 508 testing, to assist the team in delivering on user requirements.
Technical Delivery Management:
- Attend daily scrums – ensuring all team roadblocks are managed.
- Constant (scheduled or ad hoc) engagement with business/system owners with the goal of setting/managing expectations.
- Constant coordination (scheduled or ad hoc) with stakeholders – influencing decisions on schedule, scope, and resources.
- Status reporting.
- Provide input to developers and solution architects on design decisions/approaches.
- Test and evaluate software changes.
- As part of an Agile team, review and analyze system specifications, execute manual test cases, and analyze results.
- Track defects through their adjudication.
- Help troubleshoot Production issues.
- Conduct post-release/post-implementation testing.
- Support Section 508 compliance testing for each planned release.
- Script UAT test scenarios and respond to SME inquiries. Issue defects and change requests.
- Support production of quality work products/deliverables and assist in quality checks.
- Ensure project artifacts are maintained in repositories.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
Note: These are mandatory items that all candidates must have when making application to IMC for this position. Please ensure that your submission addresses each of these requirement items. Candidates without these required elements will not be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Project management/leadership experience in an IT environment
- Manual software testing experience, including 508 testing experience
- Strong experience with MS Office products
- Technical writing and editing skills
- Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship
- All applicants must be able to obtain a DHS Public Trust clearance
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
It is desirable that the candidate has the following qualifications:
- Agile project management and Agile development experience
- Certified Scrum Master
- Project Management Institute certification (CAPM, PMP)
- Post-graduate degree from an accredited university
- IT experience with Oracle, .Net, Java, and other database software
- Experience in DHS environment is preferred and USSS experience is highly preferred
Innovative Management Concepts, Inc. (IMC), a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business, provides a broad range of information technology services to government and commercial clients. Since its founding in 1989, IMC has offered solutions and expertise in: IT operations and maintenance, cyber security, systems and network engineering and support services, cloud/hosting services, software engineering and development, website services, software quality assurance and testing (including IV&V), and project management. IMC is certified in International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001:2015 Quality Management, ISO 27000:2013 Information Security Management System, and ISO 20000-1:2011 Information Technology Service Management. Find out more about IMC at www.imcva.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.