Security Automation Engineer SME (IMC00587)
Remote/Washington, DC Area
Dependent on qualifications
|Mandatory Job Requirements:||
|Applications Accepted By:||
Email: Michelle Might, Corporate Recruiter, email@example.com
Email Subject Line: Security Automation Engineer bSME (IMC00587)
The security automation engineer SME will support and provide expertise to a successful cybersecurity and privacy program for a government customer. The security automation engineer SME will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining secure systems and networks. The SME will work closely with cross-functional teams, including IT, network engineering, and cybersecurity, to ensure that systems and networks are secure, compliant with applicable regulations, and protected against unauthorized access and other security risks.
Duties/Responsibilities: This position will include, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Develop Automation to improve security processes, integration with tools and services.
- Create Ansible playbooks to improve patch management, system hardening, security tools implementation, security tool processes, etc.
- Create terraform modules to improve security and create immutable and repeatable infrastructure.
- Develop and implement automation strategy across a multi-application program.
- Use appropriate testing processes and methodologies and participate in the full software development life cycle.
- Work with key stakeholders for defect analysis and update into Defect Tracking System.
- Participate in scoping project schedule.
- Participate in reviews, requirements design, project meetings.
- Assist management in new automation initiatives/challenges.
- Prepare and execute automated scripts for maintenance on weekends.
Basic Required Qualifications and Skills: Note: These are mandatory items that all candidates must have when making application to IMC for this position. Please ensure that your submission addresses each of these requirement items. Candidates without these required elements will not be considered.
- Bachelor's degree in business, information technology, or related field of study.
- 10 years of experience in computer security may substitute for degree.
- Seven or more years of experience in cybersecurity.
- Three or more years of experience with system management administration automation.
- At start date, must possess one of the following professional certifications in ACTIVE status: CISM, CISSP, GSLC, CEH, LPT, CPT (similar level certifications considered on a case-by-case basis).
- Experience with Linux Engineering Principals.
- Experience with Ansible.
- Python and Bash experience focused on administration automation.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform).
- Experience with using Git and understanding of Source Code Management.
- Solid understanding of operating system principals.
- Knowledge of security management tools.
- Knowledge of API and their use with respect to security tools.
- Knowledge of AWS and security best practices with cloud and networking.
- Experience with systems reliability, load balancing, monitoring, logging.
- Effective verbal and non-verbal communication with peers and clients.
- Knowledge of:
- NIST Cybersecurity and Risk Management frameworks and associated requirements.
- Risk management processes (e.g., methods for assessing and mitigating risk).
- Cybersecurity/privacy principles and cyber threats and vulnerabilities.
- Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a federal background investigation of Tier 4 Critical Non-Sensitive (Form SF 85P).
Desired Qualifications and Skills: It is desirable that the candidate has the following qualifications:
Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Zero Trust,
- AWS Certified Architect,
- Cyber program analysis,
- Cyber development, engineering, and architecture,
- Splunk administration,
- Crafting and authoring cyber policy,
- Cyber risk management,
- DevSecOps engineering,
- Linux administration,
Innovative Management Concepts, Inc. (IMC), a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business, provides a broad range of information technology services to government and commercial clients. Since its founding in 1989, IMC has offered solutions and expertise in: IT operations and maintenance, cyber security, systems and network engineering and support services, data management, cloud/hosting services, software engineering and development, website services, software quality assurance and testing (including IV&V), and project management. IMC is certified in International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001 Quality Management, ISO 27000 Information Security Management System, ISO 20000-1 Information Technology Service Management, and ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems. Find out more about IMC at www.imcva.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.