Senior Budget Analyst (FSD) (IMC00389)
Arlington, VA and Remote
Dependent on qualifications
|Mandatory Job Requirements:||
|Applications Accepted By:||
Email: Michelle Might, Corporate Recruiter, email@example.com
Email Subject Line: Senior Budget Analyst (IMC00389)
The senior budget analyst will support a project providing business case and business process analysis for the Department of Justice’s United Stated Marshals Service.
Responsibilities: The position will include, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Perform complex budget execution functions for USMS programs or administrative budget areas.
- Provide recommendations for budgetary actions to USMS leaders. Work with program specialist in the development of annual work plans and schedules for the execution of approved budgets. Recommend funding reprogramming and adjustments to work plans to account for changes in the funding levels, program changes, and legislative mandates.
- Monitor the obligation and expenditure trends and/or relevant data for assigned districts and/or division/headquarters program areas.
- Monitor, review, and reconcile apportionments, commitments, obligations, reimbursable orders, budget transfer and realignments, and status of funds. Assure that obligations incurred and resulting expenditures of funds are in accordance with pertinent laws and regulations. Inform management of financial conditions and advise them of the recommended measures necessary to ensure proper funds management.
- Develop cost-benefit analysis of proposed budgetary and program actions and advises program managers of most advantageous courses of action.
- Provide timely, relevant, and accurate reporting and analysis of the results of the Division’s performance against historical, budgeted, forecasted and strategic planning results to facilitate decision-making.
- Ability to convey complex financial information using spreadsheets, chart graphics, and narratives.
- Provide input to monthly activity and status reports, including burn charts, labor hour tracking, and projections.
Basic Required Qualifications and Skills: Note: These are mandatory items that all candidates must have when making application to IMC for this position. Please ensure that your submission addresses each of these requirement items. Candidates without these required elements will not be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- 5+ years of experience performing responsibilities related to those as stated above.
- Independent worker and analytical thinker with ability to conduct research, data analysis and resolve complex problems.
- Demonstrated understanding and working knowledge of accounting and auditing principles and internal controls.
- Ability to apply comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments.
- Ability to monitor obligations and expenditures for assigned programs.
- Ability to maintain complex databases, registers, and other accounting tracking systems.
- Strong attention to detail, interpersonal skills, and communications skills (both oral and written) with a focus on customer service and demonstrated ability to effectively interact at all levels across the organization to build successful relationships.
- Proven problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to think out of the box and generate creative solutions; ability to break a complex problem down into its component parts and arrive at the appropriate solution in a timely fashion.
- Flexible and able to thrive in a time-sensitive environment to meet strict deadlines with sudden and unpredictable needs with a high tolerance for ambiguity.
- Positive attitude, averse to the status quo, always looking to improve current processes and procedures; ability to see opportunities for change, to capitalize on them and implement them when appropriate for the benefit of the organization.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic who sets high standards for self and others and demonstrates enthusiasm for the mission of the team.
- Due to a customer requirement, as a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate will be required to obtain and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing employment.
- Pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Must have an active Moderate Risk Background Investigation (MBI) Public Trust T3 case type or higher (Secret, TS, etc.). Investigation closure date MUST be less than five years old.
Desired Qualifications and Skills: It is desirable that the candidate has the following qualifications:
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations and Appropriations Law.
- Strong background in Budget Execution preferred; knowledge and literacy of status of funds, generating reports, obligations, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of government accounting and auditing practices; professional certification such as CPA and/or CGFM.
Innovative Management Concepts, Inc. (IMC), a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business, provides a broad range of information technology services to government and commercial clients. Since its founding in 1989, IMC has offered solutions and expertise in: IT operations and maintenance, cyber security, systems and network engineering and support services, cloud/hosting services, software engineering and development, website services, software quality assurance and testing (including IV&V), and project management. IMC is certified in International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001:2015 Quality Management, ISO 27000:2013 Information Security Management System, and ISO 20000-1:2011 Information Technology Service Management. Find out more about IMC at www.imcva.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.