Senior Data Scientist (IMC00361)
Andrews Air Force Base, MD
Dependent on qualifications
|Mandatory Job Requirements:||
|Applications Accepted By:||
Email: Michelle Might, Corporate Recruiter, email@example.com
Email Subject Line: Data Scientist (IMC00361)
IMC is supporting the mission of the Air Force Chief Data Officer and staff. The Headquarters United States Air Force Director of Air Force OFFICE, Mission Directive 1-5, the Air Force Chief Data Office (SAF/CO) is established as part of the Secretariat. The Air Force Chief Data Officer has the responsibility of leading, carrying out, reviewing, and ensuring the visibility, accessibility, understanding, linking, and trustworthiness of data across air, space, and cyberspace domains for the Department of the Air Force.
SAF/CO has the responsibility of aligning the Air Force with Public Law 115-435 TITLE II--Open, Public, Electronic, and Necessary Government Data Act (the OPEN Data Act). Section 3520 of the OPEN Data Act establishes 14 functions that Chief Data Officers must carry out for their agencies including but not limited to transparency, lifecycle data management, data use, data assurance and data infrastructure improvements. Within her/his areas of responsibility, the CDO prepares policies for approval and issues official guidance, procedures, compliance items, and directed actions to ensure implementation of those policies.
Responsibilities: The candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to the following duties:
- Create metrics-based policy to assist Air Force functional data communities in data maturity.
- Help evaluate and create new policies setting Air Force wide data standards.
- Will be responsible for implementing the Air Force I-Plan which must align with Federal Data Strategy, DoD Data Strategy, and FEBA.
- Assist with the creation of web applications that comply with the OPEN Data Act.
The candidate may:
- Ensure the compliance of customer standards; ensure that contractual deliverables assigned are reviewed for completeness and completed on time.
- Works closely with other teams, support organizations, program and product management.
- Interact with senior management and senior military officials. Interaction normally involves matters between functional and technical areas.
- Define data standards process and integration with data quality, data governance, and business intelligence.
Basic Required Qualifications and Skills: Note: These are mandatory items that all candidates must have when making application to IMC for this position. Please ensure that your submission addresses each of these requirement items. Candidates without these required elements will not be considered.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, information technologies, or equivalent and 8+ years of technical experience.
- Strong communication skills at all levels, and experience interfacing with senior officials.
- 7+ years of practical experience with SAS, ETL, data processing, database programming, and data analytics.
- Extensive background in data mining and statistical analysis.
- 5-7 years of experience evaluating and creating Federal technical policies and standards.
- Ability to understand various data structures and common methods in data transformation.
- Excellent pattern recognition and predictive modeling skills.
- Experience with programming languages such as Java/Python.
- Experience creating technical standards and policy from senior-level organization.
- Pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- All applicants must have current DoD Secret clearance eligibility day one and prior to entry on duty.
Desired Qualifications and Skills: It is desirable that the candidate has the following qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in computer science, statistics, applied math, or related field.
- Experience working with data-rich problems through research or programs.
- Experience with computer programming or user experience/user interface.
- Ability to successfully complete projects with large or incomplete data and provide solutions.
Innovative Management Concepts, Inc. (IMC), a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business, provides a broad range of information technology services to government and commercial clients. Since its founding in 1989, IMC has offered solutions and expertise in: IT operations and maintenance, cyber security, systems and network engineering and support services, cloud/hosting services, software engineering and development, website services, software quality assurance and testing (including IV&V), and project management. IMC is certified in International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001:2015 Quality Management, ISO 27000:2013 Information Security Management System, and ISO 20000-1:2011 Information Technology Service Management. Find out more about IMC at www.imcva.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.