Senior Network Administrator (IMC00573)
Falls Church, VA
Dependent on qualifications
|Mandatory Job Requirements:||
|Applications Accepted By:||
Email: Michelle Might, Corporate Recruiter, email@example.com
Email Subject Line: Sr. Network Administrator (IMC00573)
Provides support for the MCIA Engineering Dept., user management, audits, backups, and documentation needs. Maintains and monitors network components of Marine Corps Enterprise Network (MCEN) including Cisco routers, firewalls, and IDS/IPS systems. Performs all new hardware deployments to support new capabilities. Monitors and maintains MCIA’s Web Content Filtering system. Administers and maintains MCIA’s security badging system.
Shift for this position is Monday – Friday 6am – 6pm (final scheduled TBD upon hire)
Duties/Responsibilities: This position will include, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Responsible for Enterprise IT Services and Support for WAN and LAN operations.
- Responsible for providing 24/7/365 active monitoring of WAN links and network systems.
- Responsible for maintaining the policies within the Joint 802.1x Platform.
- Responsible for maintaining devices in the Joint AAA Platform (e.g., B/P/C/S switches).
- Responsible for operating scopes on the Joint DHCP platform for Theater Level VPN Routing and forwarding instances, and on the Joint DHCP platform for user COI-level VRF instances.
- Responsible for supporting and managing: Router and Server VRFs, Core-ACS/IDS, Edge – EAS, JB-CE routers, base firewall, Client RA VPN, DOD enterprise initiatives such as the JRSS, and WCF.
- Provide guidance to junior-level staff, as necessary.
- Actively participate in all meetings such as, but not limited to weekly staff meetings, weekly training, Weekly Ticket Tag-Up, etc.
- Excellent managerial skills and ability to collaborate with team members.
- Ability to analyze a high volume of technical data and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and time management skills.
- Broad knowledge of IT operations and systems.
- Support a fast-paced transitional environment.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both verbal and written to support incoming customer support calls and emails.
- Analytically inclined with attention to detail and accuracy and consistent follow-through to assure problems are resolved with the ability to respond to last minute requests.
- Identify and articulate key information in an efficient and timely manner.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment when handling situational occurrences.
- Analyze and recommend alternative solutions to meet customer needs.
- Build credibility and trust with customers.
- Identify areas of opportunity to improve customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrate excellent multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Support the team process and participates on cross-functional teams.
Basic Required Qualifications and Skills: Note: These are mandatory items that all candidates must have when making application to IMC for this position. Please ensure that your submission addresses each of these requirement items. Candidates without these required elements will not be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in a related field.
- Ten or more years of experience as a systems administrator/information systems/network technician with in-depth experience with multiple operating systems including Windows Server.
- Expert in 2003/2008SBS/2011SBS/2008R2/2012R2,2016, ESX4.0/4.1, ESXi 6/6.5 Hyper-V, Data OnTAP/Clustered Data OnTAP, Storage Spaces Direct (S2D), Microsoft SQL.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to stay focused.
- Due to a customer requirement, as a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate will be required to obtain and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing employment.
- Pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- All applicants must have current DoD Secret clearance.
Desired Qualifications and Skills: It is desirable that the candidate has the following qualifications:
- CompTIA Security+ in ACTIVE status.
- CompTIA Network+ in ACTIVE status.
- CCNA certification in ACTIVE status.
Innovative Management Concepts, Inc. (IMC), a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business, provides a broad range of information technology services to government and commercial clients. Since its founding in 1989, IMC has offered solutions and expertise in: IT operations and maintenance, cyber security, systems and network engineering and support services, data management, cloud/hosting services, software engineering and development, website services, software quality assurance and testing (including IV&V), and project management. IMC is certified in International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001 Quality Management, ISO 27000 Information Security Management System, ISO 20000-1 Information Technology Service Management, and ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems. Find out more about IMC at www.imcva.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.