Senior Network Technician (IMC00616)
Dependent on qualifications
|Mandatory Job Requirements:||
|Applications Accepted By:||
Email: Michelle Might, Corporate Recruiter, email@example.com
Email Subject Line: Sr. Network Technician (IMC00616)
The senior network technician will support Marine Corps Base Hawaii (MCBH) S-6, Communication Information Systems Directorate and be responsible for managing installations and repairs for network systems.
Duties/Responsibilities: This position will include, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Install, operate, and maintain voice and data telecommunications network circuits and equipment.
- Perform computer network design and installation.
- Troubleshoot system failures and identify roadblocks in the network.
- Test circuits, equipment, and alarms for identification, correction, or escalation of issues.
- Perform Network mapping such as labeling and routing equipment and cables and recording configuration diagrams and specifications.
- Perform Network troubleshooting and network outage support, testing network contingencies, and maintain documentation.
- Maintain inventory, identify equipment requirements, and inspect orders upon receipt.
- Troubleshoot LAN infrastructure and testing and configuring software.
- Maintain and repair hardware to include peripheral devices.
- Evaluate network performance for potential improvements.
- Schedule upgrades and maintenance outside of business hours.
- Provide technical direction and training on network systems.
- Procure equipment for the networks and systems via IMC procurement.
- Other duties as assigned.
Basic Required Qualifications and Skills: Note: These are mandatory items that all candidates must have when making application to IMC for this position. Please ensure that your submission addresses each of these requirement items. Candidates without these required elements will not be considered.
- At start date, must possess current Cisco-Certified Network Associate Certification in ACTIVE status.
- 7+ years of experience supporting local, regional voice network systems and subsystems supporting voice, video, data, and imagery information.
- Strong knowledge of strategic network management across an entire theater or region.
- 5+ years of experience leading teams of network engineers.
- Ability to work with a team and work well under tight deadlines.
- The ability to interpret technical manuals and schematic designs.
- A detail-oriented disposition, with strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Exceptional communication, customer service skills and experience interfacing with General Officers and other senior leadership.
- Pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- All applicants must have current DoD Secret clearance day one and prior to entry on duty with the ability to pass an SSBI background investigation to up-scope their clearance to Top Secret.
Desired Qualifications and Skills: It is desirable that the candidate has the following qualifications:
- Possess a Computing Environment Commercial Certification in ACTIVE status.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT networking.
- CompTIA Security+ certification.
- CCNP (Routing and Switching) certification.
- CCNA (Voice) certification.
Innovative Management Concepts, Inc. (IMC), a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business, provides a broad range of information technology IT services to government and commercial customers by placing a high priority on modernization, enhancing business processes through technology, and creating efficiencies through automation. Since its founding in 1989, IMC has offered solutions and expertise in: IT operations and maintenance, data management, cyber security, systems and network engineering and administration, cloud/hosting services, software development, website services, software quality assurance and testing (including IV&V), and project management. IMC is certified in International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001 Quality Management, ISO 27001 Information Technology Security Management, ISO 20000 Information Technology Service Management, and ISO 14001 Environmental Management System. Committed to continuous improvement and information security, IMC has been appraised at level 3 of the CMMI Institute’s Capability Maturity Model Integration for both Development and Services and we are CMMC Level 2 (Ver 2.0) compliant. Find out more about IMC at www.imcva.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.