Senior Security Analyst (IMC00499)
Falls Church, VA
Dependent on qualifications
|Mandatory Job Requirements:||
|Applications Accepted By:||
Email: Michelle Might, Corporate Recruiter, email@example.com
Email Subject Line: Sr. Security Analyst (IMC00499)
Performs internal security assessments using manual and automated tools such as ACAS Nessus, SCAP Compliance Checker, RedSeal, ConfigOS and STIG Viewer; experienced with documenting remediation recommendations from internal audits ensuring information systems meet the requirements of Federal Government policies, standards, and guidelines from FISMA, RMF, CNSSI, NIST, and FedRAMP. Creates and updates POA&Ms from vulnerability scans, NIST SP800-53 rev4 and CNSSI No. 1253 security controls.
Shift for this position is Monday – Friday 9am – 6pm
Duties/Responsibilities: This position will include, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Supports the full life cycle cyber work for the hardware and software within the DODIN-A(NG).
- Monitors operational state of compliance scanning tools.
- Performs server maintenance and software upgrades supporting scanning tools.
- Installs or modifies network security elements, tools, and other systems as required to maintain optimal coverage and performance, as approved by the Government.
- Create and maintains standard tool maintenance design documentation and test plans for new and existing applications and hardware to avoid obsolescence and improve productivity for the user community and Government leadership.
- Security Analyst support, including conducting market research, evaluating products, and providing prototyping, integration, development, deployment, recapitalization, and O&M support for a variety of software, computing, and networking technologies.
- Test the security features of point products being acquired by stakeholders at the request of the Government.
- Actively participate in all meetings such as, but not limited to weekly staff meetings, weekly training, Weekly Ticket Tag-Up, etc.
- Ability to collaborate with team members.
- Ability to analyze a high volume of technical data and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and time management skills.
- Broad knowledge of IT operations and systems.
- Support a fast-paced transitional environment.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both verbal and written to support incoming customer support calls and emails.
- Analytically inclined with attention to detail and accuracy and consistent follow-through to assure problems are resolved with the ability to respond to last minute requests.
- Identify and articulate key information in an efficient and timely manner.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment when handling situational occurrences.
- Analyze and recommend alternative solutions to meet customer needs.
- Build credibility and trust with customers.
- Identify areas of opportunity to improve customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrate excellent multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Support the team process and participates on cross-functional teams.
Basic Required Qualifications and Skills: Note: These are mandatory items that all candidates must have when making application to IMC for this position. Please ensure that your submission addresses each of these requirement items. Candidates without these required elements will not be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in a related field.
- Eight or more years of experience in the information technology field.
- CompTIA Security+ CE certification in ACTIVE status.
- Experience performing CCRI inspections for DoD.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to stay focused.
- Due to a customer requirement, as a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate will be required to obtain and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing employment.
- Pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- All applicants must have current DoD Secret clearance.
Desired Qualifications and Skills: It is desirable that the candidate has the following qualifications:
- MCSE, MCSA, MCP, MCTS, CCNA, and/or ITIL v3 Foundation certification.
- Experience using VMware, VPN, and Active Directory.
- Thorough understanding of LAN and WAN technologies.
Innovative Management Concepts, Inc. (IMC), a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business, provides a broad range of information technology services to government and commercial clients. Since its founding in 1989, IMC has offered solutions and expertise in: IT operations and maintenance, cyber security, systems and network engineering and support services, data management, cloud/hosting services, software engineering and development, website services, software quality assurance and testing (including IV&V), and project management. IMC is certified in International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001 Quality Management, ISO 27000 Information Security Management System, and ISO 20000-1 Information Technology Service Management. Find out more about IMC at www.imcva.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.