Senior System Administrator (IMC00511)
Dependent on qualifications
|Mandatory Job Requirements:||
|Applications Accepted By:||
Email: Michelle Might, Corporate Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Subject Line: Senior System Administrator (IMC00511)
The senior system administrator will join a team of IT professionals supporting the Army National Guard (ARNG) National Capital Region (NCR) in Arlington, Virginia. ARNG-NCR uses ITIL best practices as a framework for a mature IT Service Management model. The senior system administrator role supports general administration of the NCR NEC server and workstation environment; responsibilities will be broad to include server/workstation maintenance, updates and support combined with general Windows and network administration.
Duties/Responsibilities: This position will include, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Support, manage, configure, and troubleshoot a VMware infrastructure.
- Responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining 2016 and 2019 servers.
- Manage Active Directory objects and group policy.
- Perform general system administration activities, to include repairs, upgrades, modifications, system testing and troubleshooting as required.
- Configure and manage off-site storage of backup, including backup of relevant data, encryption of relevant backup data and restoration.
- Assist end users with server/network related issues.
- Implement security and access controls.
- Manage Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) for Windows workstations, servers, and applications as assigned.
- Recommend and install upgrades, patches, new applications, and equipment.
- Use ticketing system to ensure that tickets are actively being worked on and updated, and that no tickets are unassigned, escalate tickets as needed.
- Notify the team lead of all requests for support that require additional resources which result in a delay of resolution.
- May coach and provide guidance to less-experienced professionals.
- Maintain current certifications and knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Basic Required Qualifications and Skills: Note: These are mandatory items that all candidates must have when making application to IMC for this position. Please ensure that your submission addresses each of these requirement items. Candidates without these required elements will not be considered.
- At start date must possess a CompTIA Security+ certification in active status.
- 3-10 Years of Tier 3 system or network administration experience.
- Experience with Windows Server 2016/2019, Active Directory, and McAfee products.
- Experience in securing a Windows environment to include applying and documenting DISA’s STIGs.
- Self-motivated and ability to stay focused.
- Excellent communication skills, Outstanding customer service, team building, and consensus building skill are a must.
- Ability to organize and plan work independently or collaboratively in a rapidly changing environment
- Responsible for handling after-hours on call support (when necessary).
- Analytically inclined with attention to detail and accuracy and consistent follow-through.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment when handling situational occurrences.
- Due to a customer requirement, as a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate will be required to obtain and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing employment.
- Pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- All applicants must have either a current DoD Secret or TS/SCI clearance eligibility, day one and prior to entry on duty.
Desired Qualifications and Skills: It is desirable that the candidate has the following qualifications:
- CompTIA Network+, CCNA, and/or CCNP.
- Experience with the following:
- Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy Objects
- Microsoft Server 2012, 2016, 2019
- Working with SCCM
- Storage Area Networks
Innovative Management Concepts, Inc. (IMC), a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business, provides a broad range of information technology services to government and commercial clients. Since its founding in 1989, IMC has offered solutions and expertise in: IT operations and maintenance, cyber security, systems and network engineering and support services, data management, cloud/hosting services, software engineering and development, website services, software quality assurance and testing (including IV&V), and project management. IMC is certified in International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001 Quality Management, ISO 27000 Information Security Management System, and ISO 20000-1 Information Technology Service Management. Find out more about IMC at www.imcva.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.