Senior Windows Systems Administrator (IMC00547)
Dependent on qualifications
|Mandatory Job Requirements:||
|Applications Accepted By:||
Email: Michelle Might, Corporate Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Subject Line: Sr. Windows Systems Administrator (IMC00547)
The senior Windows systems administrator will support IT services systems administration tasks for the Joint Warfare Analysis Center (JWAC). JWAC provides combatant commands, the Joint Staff, and other customers with effects-based analysis and precision targeting options for selected networks and nodes, in order to carry out the national security and military strategies of the United States during peace, crisis, and war. The Windows systems administration senior will be located on Naval Support Activity – South Potomac (NSA-SP) in Dahlgren, Virginia.
Job Duties: Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide server maintenance of HBSS and/or McAfee systems.
- Troubleshoot escalated system errors from HBSS and/or McAfee systems and solve the issue to include servers and user workstations.
- Use detailed understanding of Windows Server to perform systems administration and operation of JWAC networks and systems.
- Operate, administer, and upgrade computer systems, devices, and software to include configuration, provisioning for use, integration with storage and networking, load balancing and optimization, patching, software installation, updating, backup, restoration, and electronic and manual data transfer.
- Deploy software which includes scheduling, executing, and troubleshooting the deployment of software applications.
- Deploy security patches which includes scheduling, executing, and troubleshooting the deployment of security patches.
- Provide certificate management services.
- Provision and deliver computer systems and services.
- Maintain computer systems in a fully operational state through monitoring, alerting, troubleshooting, and performing repair and restoration activities to a compliant operational state.
- Perform periodic reporting of system status to include uptime, incidents, problems, and open issues, etc.
- Provide input for, and maintain, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and provide documentation of service workflows, system configurations, and routine tasks.
Required Qualifications: Note: These are mandatory items that all candidates must have when making application to IMC for this position. Please ensure that your submission addresses each of these requirement items. Candidates without these required elements will not be considered.
- Minimum 5 years in Windows Server Administration.
- Ability to view logs and troubleshoot to resolution.
- Maintain system configurations in desired state configurations.
- Scripting at an intermediate or advance level in Python, PowerShell or similar tool.
- Basic knowledge of HBSS and McAfee EPO and willingness to participate in related training.
- Superb attention to detail, critical thinking and analysis skills, and excellent oral and written communication.
- At start date must possess an Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II Certification in ACTIVE status:
- Security+ CE
- CCNA Security
- CySA+ (formerly CSA+)
- Be able to obtain network, server, and workstation administration rights on JWAC networks.
- Pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- All applicants must have current DoD TS/SCI clearance eligibility day one and prior to entry on duty.
Desired Qualifications and Skills: It is desirable that the candidate has the following qualifications:
- Microsoft Windows Server Certifications.
- Experience with HBSS and McAfee EPO is a big plus; on the job training will be provided if necessary.
- Former DoD experience as military, government, or contractor.
- Experience in a DevSecOps environment, maintaining system configurations in Microsoft Desired State Configurations, and developing workflows in Cloudbolt.
Innovative Management Concepts, Inc. (IMC), a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business, provides a broad range of information technology services to government and commercial clients. Since its founding in 1989, IMC has offered solutions and expertise in: IT operations and maintenance, cyber security, systems and network engineering and support services, data management, cloud/hosting services, software engineering and development, website services, software quality assurance and testing (including IV&V), and project management. IMC is certified in International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001 Quality Management, ISO 27000 Information Security Management System, and ISO 20000-1 Information Technology Service Management. Find out more about IMC at www.imcva.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.