Service Desk Administrator (IMC00508)
Dependent on qualifications
|Mandatory Job Requirements:||
|Applications Accepted By:||
Email: Michelle Might, Corporate Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Subject Line: Service Desk Administrator (IMC00508)
The service desk administrator will support IT services systems administration tasks for the Joint Warfare Analysis Center (JWAC). JWAC provides combatant commands, the Joint Staff, and other customers with effects-based analysis and precision targeting options for selected networks and nodes in order to carry out the national security and military strategies of the United States during peace, crisis, and war. The Windows systems administration senior will be located on Naval Support Activity – South Potomac (NSA-SP) in Dahlgren, Virginia.
Job Duties: Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Apply knowledge and experience in desktop support in the operational environment.
- Support incident management processes and apply knowledge in regard to (1) Service Strategy, (2) Service Design (3) Service Transition, (4) Service Operation and (5) Continual Service Improvement.
- Process all tier 1 service requests and provide communication to the requestor on status and potential workarounds.
- Provide maintenance, deployment, and enhancement to the desktops, servers, printers/peripherals, and network infrastructure.
- Perform periodic reporting of system status to include uptime, incidents, problems, and open issues, etc.
- Provide service desk/help desk support during the working hours of 0700-1600 Monday through Friday.
- Perform initial tier 1 troubleshooting of all client systems and peripherals and escalate more challenging incidents to tier 2 administrators/operators.
- Provide user account services including performing user certificate issuance.
- Provide tier 1 communication services of maintaining and managing Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP) communications and managing land line telephone systems.
- Provide system administration support and workflow development for incidents and asset management.
- Perform data transfers between JWAC networks.
- Apply expertise on multiple complex work assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
- Operate with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems.
- Contribute to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
Required Qualifications: Note: These are mandatory items that all candidates must have when making application to IMC for this position. Please ensure that your submission addresses each of these requirement items. Candidates without these required elements will not be considered.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience supporting a Service Desk/Help Desk with Window Clients in a DevSecOps environment, using JIRA.
- At start date must possess an Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II Certification in ACTIVE status:
- Security+ CE
- CCNA Security
- CySA+ (formerly CSA+)
- Able to life and move equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Be able to obtain network, server, and workstation administration rights on JWAC networks.
- Due to a customer requirement, as a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate will be required to obtain and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing employment.
- Pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- All applicants must have current DoD TS/SCI clearance eligibility day one and prior to entry on duty.
Desired Qualifications and Skills: It is desirable that the candidate has the following qualifications:
- HDI Certification.
- Experience supporting intermediate level Microsoft Office core applications, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Microsoft SharePoint, Java, and Acrobat Adobe.
- Experience in operating system tools such as Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Windows Server 2012, & 2016+, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 & 8, Scientific Linux 6, CentOS Linux 7.5+, VMWare 6+, vRealize, Suite (VRA And vRO), and Debian.
- Experience in system administration tools such as System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Microsoft System Center 2012+, WSUS, and PowerShell scripting.
- Former DoD experience as military, government, or contractor.
- 10+ years of experience for a Service Desk / Help Desk with Window Clients in a DevSecOps environment utilizing JIRA.
- IAT Level III certification (e.g., CISSP).
Innovative Management Concepts, Inc. (IMC), a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business, provides a broad range of information technology services to government and commercial clients. Since its founding in 1989, IMC has offered solutions and expertise in: IT operations and maintenance, cyber security, systems and network engineering and support services, data management, cloud/hosting services, software engineering and development, website services, software quality assurance and testing (including IV&V), and project management. IMC is certified in International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001 Quality Management, ISO 27000 Information Security Management System, and ISO 20000-1 Information Technology Service Management. Find out more about IMC at www.imcva.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.