SME Data Warehousing Specialist (OSI) (IMC00391)
Arlington, VA and Remote
Dependent on qualifications
|Mandatory Job Requirements:||
|Applications Accepted By:||
Email: Michelle Might, Corporate Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Subject Line: SME Data Warehousing Specialist (OSI) (IMC00391)
The data warehousing specialist SME will support a project providing business case and business process analysis for the Department of Justice’s United States Marshals Service and will be responsible for developing and creating organization-wide data policies, standards, and processes and for oversight and strategy execution of the data governance and data quality framework.
Responsibilities: The position will include, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Assist in the establishment and execution of the data quality framework, which includes an end-to-end process and framework for assessing decisions that ensure the suitability of data for its intended purpose.
- Assess data repositories for compliance with data governance policies and standards. Create database queries using ANSI SQL or other programming languages.
- Collect data from internal and external data sources using a variety of methods and tools. Proficiently performing data cleansing and standardization (e.g., removing duplicates, sanitization), assess data quality, and eliminate irrelevant data to identify and interpret data patterns and trends.
- Work with SMEs, data stewards, product owners and managers, and other stakeholders to establish data quality rules and definitions consistent with department and organization strategies.
- Work with business users and IT partners to remediate identified gaps, using both manual and automated solutions.
- Recommend processes and create reports to continuously monitor data quality.
- Assist with the development of data quality metrics that identify gaps and ensure compliance with standards across the organization.
- Ensure processes are in place to proactively detect, correct, and prevent invalid data values.
- Manage master and reference data in a master data repository.
- Liaise with USMS SMEs and conduct thorough research of internal and external sources to develop recommendations for data standards and enterprise business glossary definitions.
- Apply recognized standards (e.g., NIEM, ISO) to data from internal and external sources and provide recommendations on how to rationalize existing data against the standards.
- Develop cohesive understanding of current USMS systems and assist clients with the application of data standards in existing USMS systems.
- Distill complex ideas into concise concepts. On a frequent basis, create and deliver briefs and presentations to diverse groups of stakeholders at all levels of the organization and answer questions.
- Independently synthesize unstructured feedback from stakeholders and consider relevant data to present quality business solutions.
- Contribute to creating, refining, and documenting team business processes (e.g., in Standard Operating Procedures and/or process diagrams) in a highly flexible environment.
- Manage direct reports, systems, and projects to achieve customer goals in accordance with organization policies and practices.
Basic Required Qualifications and Skills: Note: These are mandatory items that all candidates must have when making application to IMC for this position. Please ensure that your submission addresses each of these requirement items. Candidates without these required elements will not be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- 5+ years of experience with establishing and managing data analytics, data warehousing, and/or quality and data governance programs.
- Familiar with Data Governance Framework.
- Familiar with Tableau, and/or Microsoft PowerBI.
- Familiar with relational database concepts, including basic SQL queries (SQL Server and/or Oracle).
- Familiar with data management disciplines including master data management and metadata management.
- Experience with MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio to prepare documents, cleanse data, and create and deliver presentations.
- Strong attention to detail and strong interpersonal and communications skills (both oral and written) with a focus on customer service and demonstrated ability to effectively interact at all levels across the organization to build successful relationships.
- Excellent consultative, conflict resolution, negotiation, and facilitation skills to gain consensus in a matrixed and complex organization.
- Proven problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to think out of the box and generate creative solutions; ability to break a complex problem down into its component parts and arrive at the appropriate solution in a timely fashion.
- Must be flexible and able to thrive in a time-sensitive environment to meet strict deadlines with sudden and unpredictable needs with a high tolerance for ambiguity.
- Positive attitude, averse to the status quo, always looking to improve current processes and procedures; ability to see opportunities for change, to capitalize on them, and implement them when appropriate for the benefit of the organization.
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic who sets high standards for self and others and demonstrates enthusiasm for the mission of the team.
- Due to a customer requirement, as a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate will be required to obtain and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing employment.
- Pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Must have an active Moderate Risk Background Investigation (MBI) Public Trust T3 case type or higher (Secret, TS, etc.). Investigation closure date MUST be less than five years old.
Desired Qualifications and Skills: It is desirable that the candidate has the following qualifications:
- Knowledge of SQL Server 2016 Master Data Services (MDS).
- Experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Experience with Amazon S3 and Athena.
- Familiarity with external data standardization and exchange organizations such as NIEM, FBI CJIS, and ISO.
Innovative Management Concepts, Inc. (IMC), a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business, provides a broad range of information technology services to government and commercial clients. Since its founding in 1989, IMC has offered solutions and expertise in: IT operations and maintenance, cyber security, systems and network engineering and support services, cloud/hosting services, software engineering and development, website services, software quality assurance and testing (including IV&V), and project management. IMC is certified in International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001:2015 Quality Management, ISO 27000:2013 Information Security Management System, and ISO 20000-1:2011 Information Technology Service Management. Find out more about IMC at www.imcva.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.