SME Quality Assurance Automation Engineer (IMC00421)
Dependent on qualifications
|Mandatory Job Requirements:||
|Applications Accepted By:||
Email: Michelle Might, Corporate Recruiter, email@example.com
Email Subject Line: SME Software Quality Assurance and Tester (IMC00421)
The SME quality automation engineer will provide support services for all aspects of the Reliability and Maintainability Information System (REMIS) software quality process including manual testing, automated testing, test plan development, defect management, and system analysis. REMIS is a web-based data system for collecting, validating, editing, processing, integrating, standardizing and reporting equipment maintenance data.
The REMIS program is transitioning from traditional waterfall software development practices to an Agile software development environment. The SME quality assurance automation engineer will support the contractor program manager with various reports and technical reviews as requested. He/she will ensure compliance with relevant corporate and government policies and standards and participates in special projects as required.
Responsibilities: The position will include, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Execute all levels of testing (System, Integration, and Regression).
- Detect and track software defects and inconsistencies.
- Analyze user stories and use case requirements for validity and feasibility.
- Design and develop automation scripts when needed.
- Review software requirements and preparing test scenarios.
- Execute tests on software usability.
- Analyze test results on database impacts, errors or bugs, and usability
- Prepare reports on all aspects related to the software testing carried out and reporting to the design team.
- Interact with clients to understand product requirements.
- Participate in design reviews and provide input on requirements, product design, and potential problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
Basic Required Qualifications and Skills: Note: These are mandatory items that all candidates must have when making application to IMC for this position. Please ensure that your submission addresses each of these requirement items. Candidates without these required elements will not be considered.
- At start date must possess one of the following DoD 8570 recognized certifications for Information Assurance System Architect and Engineer (IASAE) Level II Certification.
- CASP +CE (CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner with Continuing Education)
- CISSP (or Associate) (Certified Information System Security Professional
- CSSLP (Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional)
- Bachelor’s degree in a related business or technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- 5+ Years’ experience testing software solutions for complex systems.
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams with a deep understanding of the design process leading into a solution.
- Exceptional working knowledge of Agile software development methodologies, techniques, and frameworks.
- Knowledgeable of automation tools (i.e., Selenium Webdriver, TestComplete, Cypress, Applitools etc.)
- Basic understanding of databases structures and extracting data using SQL.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and able to stay focused and to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Team player with a sense of ownership and pride in performance and its impact on the company’s success.
- Critical thinker and detail oriented with good time-management skills.
- Due to a customer requirement, as a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate will be required to obtain and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing employment.
- Pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Current DoD successfully adjudicated T3 investigation. Most commonly attained with a SECRET clearance. (Note: a SECRET clearance is not required but the T3 investigation is necessary to meet IT-II privileged access.)
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience with REMIS and/or complex Air Force systems.
- Experience with batch processing and flat file processing.
Innovative Management Concepts, Inc. (IMC), a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business, provides a broad range of information technology services to government and commercial clients. Since its founding in 1989, IMC has offered solutions and expertise in: IT operations and maintenance, cyber security, systems and network engineering and support services, data management, cloud/hosting services, software engineering and development, website services, software quality assurance and testing (including IV&V), and project management. IMC is certified in International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001 Quality Management, ISO 27000 Information Security Management System, and ISO 20000-1 Information Technology Service Management. Find out more about IMC at www.imcva.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.