SME Software Quality Assurance and Tester (IMC00350)
Dependent on qualifications
|Mandatory Job Requirements:||
|Applications Accepted By:||
Email: Michelle Might, Corporate Recruiter, email@example.com
Email Subject Line: SME Software Quality Assurance and Tester (IMC00350)
The SME software quality assurance (SQA) and tester will primarily conduct software quality reviews and secondarily perform as lead analyst for monthly CFO reporting and Financial Improvement and Audit Readiness (FIAR) audit support as a contractor to the United States Air Force Reliability and Maintainability Information System (REMIS), a web-based data system for collecting, validating, editing, processing, integrating, standardizing, and reporting equipment maintenance data.
The REMIS program is at the beginning stage of transitioning from traditional waterfall software development practices to an Agile software development environment. The SME SQA and tester will support the contractor program manager with various reports and technical reviews as requested, ensure compliance with relevant corporate and government policies and standards, and participate in special projects as required.
Job Duties: Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform monthly CFO reporting ensuring detailed and monthly financial accounting transactions are in balance. Review any anomalies found and work with SME to develop corrective actions.
- Prepare for and support FIAR audits.
- Execute all levels of testing (System, Integration, and Regression).
- Detect and track software defects and inconsistencies.
- Analyze user stories and use case requirements for validity and feasibility.
- Design and develop automation scripts when needed.
- Review software requirements and preparing test scenarios.
- Execute tests on software usability.
- Analyze test results on database impacts, errors or bugs, and usability.
- Prepare reports on all aspects related to the software testing carried out and reporting to the design team.
- Interact with clients to understand product requirements.
- Participate in design reviews and provide input on requirements, product design, and potential problems.
Required Qualifications: Note: These are mandatory items that all candidates must have when making application to IMC for this position. Please ensure that your submission addresses each of these requirement items. Candidates without these required elements will not be considered.
- At start date, must possess one of the following DoD 8570 recognized certifications for Information Assurance System Architect and Engineer (IASAE) Level II Certification:
- CASP +CE (CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner with Continuing Education)
- CISSP (or Associate) (Certified Information System Security Professional
- CSSLP (Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional)
- Bachelor’s degree in a related business or technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- 8+ Years’ experience testing software solutions for complex systems.
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams and a deep understanding of the design process leading into a solution.
- Exceptional working knowledge of Agile software development methodologies, techniques, and frameworks.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to stay focused.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success.
- Critical thinker and detail oriented.
- Good time-management skills.
- Pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Current DoD successfully adjudicated T3 investigation (formally known as NACLC) - most commonly attained with a SECRET clearance. (Note: a SECRET clearance is not required but the T3 investigation is necessary to meet IT-II privileged access designation.)
Desired Qualifications and Skills: It is desirable that the SME SQA tester has the following qualifications:
- Financial/accounting background.
- Experience with financial reporting and financial accounting.
- Experience with REMIS CFO and FIAR reporting processes.
- Experience with REMIS and/or complex Air Force systems.
Innovative Management Concepts, Inc. (IMC), a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business, provides a broad range of information technology services to government and commercial clients. Since its founding in 1989, IMC has offered solutions and expertise in: IT operations and maintenance, cyber security, systems and network engineering and support services, cloud/hosting services, software engineering and development, website services, software quality assurance and testing (including IV&V), and project management. IMC is certified in International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001:2015 Quality Management, ISO 27000:2013 Information Security Management System, and ISO 20000-1:2011 Information Technology Service Management. Find out more about IMC at www.imcva.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.