Software Developer (IMC00349)
Dependent on qualifications
|Mandatory Job Requirements:||
|Applications Accepted By:||
Email: Michelle Might, Corporate Recruiter, email@example.com
Email Subject Line: Software Developer (IMC00349)
The software developer will provide support services for all aspects of the Reliability and Maintainability Information System (REMIS) software development process, including initial planning, design, software development and coding, prototyping, auditable documentation, testing, and configuration. REMIS is a web-based data system for collecting, validating, editing, processing, integrating, standardizing and reporting equipment maintenance data.
Job Duties: Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist in transitioning from a waterfall approach to an Agile (DevSecOps) Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) methodology.
- Ensure software development will use Agile, test-driven development principles, with robust documentation, user centered design, and an extensible infrastructure.
- Sustain REMIS effective, efficient operational capability and availability.
- Design, develop, test, and integrate system and software changes.
- Maintain application software and COTS software.
- Perform application and system software maintenance.
- Design, develop, test and package changes to system and software.
- Develop, operate and maintain prototype applications, models and databases to determine optimal solutions.
- Perform system performance tuning and integration services.
- Responsible for the design, testing, deployment and sustainment of systems and application platforms.
- Duties include capturing user requirements; performing coding and data modeling, testing, quality assurance, software configuration management, design, and program documentation; build and deploy, implementation; and maintaining interoperability/integration between systems
Required Qualifications: Note: These are mandatory items that all candidates must have when making application to IMC for this position. Please ensure that your submission addresses each of these requirement items. Candidates without these required elements will not be considered.
- At start date must possess one of the following DoD 8570 recognized certifications for Information Assurance System Architect and Engineer (IASAE) Level I Certification:
- CASP +CE (CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner with Continuing Education)
- CISSP (or Associate) (Certified Information System Security Professional
- CSSLP (Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional)
- Minimum 4 years of experience designing, presenting business logic and data access code for complex web application architectures.
- Mid-level experience with:
- Relational database: Oracle SQL and Oracle PL/SQL
- Experience/familiarization with:
- Languages: PHP and TIBCO.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in designing, analyzing, integrating, troubleshooting and optimizing distributed systems using agile lifecycle management and engineering practices. (Agile experience requirements can be offset with extensive REMIS software development experience.)
- Due to a customer requirement, as a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate will be required to obtain and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing employment.
- Pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Current DoD successfully adjudicated T3 investigation (formally known as NACLC). This is commonly attained with a SECRET clearance. However, a SECRET clearance is not required; the T3 investigation is necessary to meet IT-II privileged access designation.
Desired Qualifications and Skills: It is desirable that the senior software developer has the following qualifications:
- 7+ years of experience in designing, analyzing, integrating, testing and documenting distributed mission systems using agile lifecycle management and engineering practices, DevOps, and CI/CD Pipeline processes.
- 5+ years of experience in facilitating Vision and Product Portfolio Management sessions and developing and documenting artifacts (i.e., Portfolio Backlogs of Epics, architecture features and business capability features in Jira Portfolio Boards, features mapping to user stories, developing Product Roadmaps and Product Backlogs of user stories, tasks and non-functional product backlog items in Jira Scrum Boards with Product Owners and developing Release Plans for release increments.)
- B.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent.
Innovative Management Concepts, Inc. (IMC), a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business, provides a broad range of information technology services to government and commercial clients. Since its founding in 1989, IMC has offered solutions and expertise in: IT operations and maintenance, cyber security, systems and network engineering and support services, cloud/hosting services, software engineering and development, website services, software quality assurance and testing (including IV&V), and project management. IMC is certified in International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001:2015 Quality Management, ISO 27000:2013 Information Security Management System, and ISO 20000-1:2011 Information Technology Service Management. Find out more about IMC at www.imcva.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.