System Administrator (IMC00342)
Dependent on qualifications
|Mandatory Job Requirements:||
|Applications Accepted By:||
Email: Michelle Might, Corporate Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Subject Line: System Admin (IMC00342)
IMC is supporting a Department of Defense (DoD) agency on a five-year contract. The systems administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure (system and network). This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and partners.
- Maintain and support the hardware, software, operating system, and associated equipment.
- Coordinate with local and distant resources on operational technical and logistical processes.
- Troubleshoot any problems or issues that arise with Windows servers/desktops/laptops and network infrastructure.
- Respond to alert notification or escalation of an issue from members of the client team, determine the probable cause of the issue and take the appropriate intervention action(s) to restore operational capabilities.
- Document any troubleshooting and corrective actions taken to resolve issues.
- Document status of tickets; opened, pending and closed.
- Respond to any of the service area locations for dealing with hardware and/or software problems that cannot be solved through remote tools and that require the physical presence of a technician.
- Image, configure and deploy and install new devices to our customers.
- Provide Tier I – Tier III support as needed.
- Maintain primary VMware cluster/site and DR site including replication, update manager, firmware updates.
Required Qualifications: Note: These are mandatory items that all candidates must have when making application to IMC for this position. Please ensure that your submission addresses each of these requirement items. Candidates without these required elements will not be considered.
- Bachelor of Science degree or five (5) years of experience in System Administration and network administration
- CompTIA Security+ CE or another DoD 8570 IAT II certification
- MS Windows Server 2012/2016/2019
- Active Directory administration experience
- Extensive knowledge of MS Win 10 and MS Office
- Experience with SAN and clustered environments
- Knowledge of AD, LDAP, DHCP, DNS, IIS, CIFS, NFS, Apache, Tomcat
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to gain, understand and apply knowledge from technical manuals and SOPs
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professional decorum
- Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship
- All applicants must have current DoD Top Secret clearance eligibility day one and prior to entry on duty with the ability to pass an SSBI background investigation to up-scope their clearance to Top Secret/SCI
Desired Qualifications: It is desirable that the candidate has the following qualifications:
- MSCE or equivalent
- ITIL v3 or 4 Foundation certification
- VTC and audio visual experience
Innovative Management Concepts, Inc. (IMC), a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business, provides a broad range of information technology services to government and commercial clients. Since its founding in 1989, IMC has offered solutions and expertise in: IT operations and maintenance, cyber security, systems and network engineering and support services, cloud/hosting services, software engineering and development, website services, software quality assurance and testing (including IV&V), and project management. IMC is certified in International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001:2015 Quality Management, ISO 27000:2013 Information Security Management System, and ISO 20000-1:2011 Information Technology Service Management. Find out more about IMC at www.imcva.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.