System Analyst (IMC00416)
Dependent on qualifications
|Mandatory Job Requirements:||
|Applications Accepted By:||
Email: Michelle Might, Corporate Recruiter, email@example.com
Email Subject Line: System Analyst (IMC00416)
The system analyst will support a contract with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) IT Strategy and Planning, Business Planning and Risk Management (BPRM) Office and the Enterprise Intake Branch (EIB).
Responsibilities: The position will include, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Proactively consult, deliver, and support IT services and infrastructure.
- Define technical requirements for developers/DevOps and provide suggestions during the development stage that meet the customer’s business needs.
- Assume the responsibility and leadership for initiatives or modifications to existing process and infrastructure that may include new software solutions.
- Analyze current processes, suggest improvements, and refine user stories for the project backlog.
- Assist change management teams in the creation of scripts to be leveraged during user acceptance testing.
- Provide multi-level presentations on program updates, project cycle, and expected results to companywide organizational senior leaders.
- Engage in testing, validation, and other quality assurance (QA) related activities.
- Interact with software architects, information security teams, and infrastructure teams to understand software and hardware limitations and to capture non-functional requirements.
- Engage in critical thinking and problem-solving activities to help the team explore alternative technical solutions to solve business problems.
- Provide superior customer service while managing relationships with end users, business area leaders, partners and vendors to ensure deliverables exceed expectations.
- Stay current with technological developments in software development, systems, and application support, as well as management and user support practices.
Basic Required Qualifications: Note: These are mandatory items that all candidates must have when making application to IMC for this position. Please ensure that your submission addresses each of these requirement items. Candidates without these required elements will not be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technologies, or equivalent.
- Minimum seven years’ of experience related to position responsibilities.
- Customer-service focused with ability to speak business and IT fluently, as well as understand and possess the ability to navigate IT processes to efficiently resolve business requests.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills across all levels (users, stakeholders, leadership and IT).
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and cooperatively.
- Due to a customer requirement, as a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate will be required to obtain and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing employment.
- Pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- All applicants must pass Tier 2- Moderate Public Trust.
Desired Qualifications and Skills: It is desirable that the candidate have the following qualifications:
- Ability to successfully complete projects with large or incomplete data.
- Ability to develop and provide oversight for infrastructure architecture models, process diagrams, analyze needs to technical requirements, gap analysis, and represent the program at required forums.
- Subject matter expertise and knowledge of technology solutions being used by the enterprise as well as understanding how business processes are leveraging those technologies.
- Previous IRS experience.
- Strong change and communications management experience.
- Ability to create use case diagrams, flowcharts, and other visuals to facilitate understanding of system processing and changes required.
- Ability to develop and manage internal procedures and documents to provide a high level of application integrity and availability and to ensure timely, effective support.
- Experience with Tableau and SAP Business Objects.
- Experience with PPM.
Innovative Management Concepts, Inc. (IMC), a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business, provides a broad range of information technology services to government and commercial clients. Since its founding in 1989, IMC has offered solutions and expertise in: IT operations and maintenance, cyber security, systems and network engineering and support services, cloud/hosting services, software engineering and development, website services, software quality assurance and testing (including IV&V), and project management. IMC is certified in International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001:2015 Quality Management, ISO 27000:2013 Information Security Management System, and ISO 20000-1:2011 Information Technology Service Management. Find out more about IMC at www.imcva.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.