Telecom Lead (IMC00393)
Dependent on qualifications
|Mandatory Job Requirements:||
|Applications Accepted By:||
Email: Michelle Might, Corporate Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Subject Line: Telecom Lead (IMC00393)
The telecommunications lead/senior engineering specialist is responsible for providing support to the telecom infrastructure including VoIP phone system, POTS communications, Classified and Non-Classified communications, wireless communications and personal electronic devices, cable plant infrastructure, PBX support, voice mail support, and telecommunications operation and maintenance support for a 3,800-end-user organization. The telecommunications lead will additionally lead a team of seven personnel providing customer service and service operations. This position uses a combination of onsite and telework as required.
Responsibilities: The position will include, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Manage and lead team of seven technicians in support of project efforts and telecommunications service operations.
- Core hours are 6am – 6pm weekdays; must be able to work 9 hours in this window with off-hours for project work as necessary.
- Support Avaya Telephony and VOIP Terminologies such as H.323, SIP, T1, PRI’s DS3.
- Support call Voice Engineering Initiatives for all project-related and ongoing operations for voice communication services.
- Implement and troubleshoot voice-related solutions/incidents/system outages.
- Monitor, review, recommend, test, and implement new software revision/feature sets/patch evaluation and periodic system refresh.
- Provide operation and maintenance service per defined service level agreements.
- Provide performance metrics across key performance areas (technical and team performance).
- Telecom switch and voicemail programming and support.
- Support for landline telephony management.
- Data circuit management.
- Remote site telecommunications service support.
- Wireless device support (e.g., smartphone, satellite phone, table and hotspot).
- Fiber and copper cable infrastructure plant maintenance and additions/removals.
The senior telecommunications engineering specialist will:
- Ensure that NCR NGB NEC telephony systems are functioning and maintain uptime.
- Perform troubleshooting on equipment and data circuit outages.
- Configure PBX and call lead systems to include setting up vmail.
- Assist users as required and assist with user training upon system upgrades/changes.
Basic Required Qualifications: Note: These are mandatory items that all candidates must have when making application to IMC for this position. Please ensure that your submission addresses each of these requirement items. Candidates without these required elements will not be considered.
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- 10 years of telecommunications experience with at least 2 year in a supervisory position.
- At start date, must possess current IAT Level II Certification – one or more of the following current certifications in ACTIVE status are acceptable.
- CCNA Security
- Avaya phone system experience.
- Working knowledge and experience with AVAYA communications system 2.1 or greater.
- Call lead voicemail system experience and Communication Lead Messaging.
- Fiber and copper installation and support experience (termination, testing, installing).
- Experience with Call Management Server and SIP Service,
- Experience with RedSky(e-911),
- Experience with NICE software,
- Due to a customer requirement, as a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate will be required to obtain and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing employment.
- Pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- All applicants must have current DoD Secret clearance eligibility day one and prior to entry on duty with the ability to pass an SSBI background investigation to up-scope their clearance to Top Secret/SCI.
Desired Qualifications: It is desirable that the candidate has the following qualifications:
- Experience with:
- Enterprise Survivable Server
- Avaya Equinox
- Call Center Elite
- Cisco UC
- ITIL Foundation Certification
Innovative Management Concepts, Inc. (IMC), a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business, provides a broad range of information technology services to government and commercial clients. Since its founding in 1989, IMC has offered solutions and expertise in: IT operations and maintenance, cyber security, systems and network engineering and support services, cloud/hosting services, software engineering and development, website services, software quality assurance and testing (including IV&V), and project management. IMC is certified in International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001:2015 Quality Management, ISO 27000:2013 Information Security Management System, and ISO 20000-1:2011 Information Technology Service Management. Find out more about IMC at www.imcva.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.