VDI Systems Engineer (IMC00294)
Fort Shafter, HI
Dependent on qualifications
|Mandatory Job Requirements:||
|Applications Accepted By:||
E-mail: Michelle Might, Corporate Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Subject Line: VDI Systems Engineer (IMC00294)
The VDI systems engineer provides engineering and logistics support to review current capabilities to nest them with our requirements and equipment for a Mobile Virtual Environment. They will provide initial configurations and training in a new Virtual Environment with primary focus of easing movement from one virtual environment to another with limited rebuilding of entire networks and services when deploying as part of exercise participation or Real-World Disaster Recovery Operations. The engineer will review material solutions that have been developed against operational plans and procure and deliver solutions (not provided by a program of record or program managed systems). The solutions developed are networks (routers/switches) and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) for tactical deployed scenarios for Classified by Releasable networks and services.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Survey and review current architecture, systems, and services.
- Survey operational capabilities provided as part of another IT MILCON project (C2F).
- Produce and provide deployable solution recommendations to meet operational IT needs.
- Conduct pre-site survey activities. Contact Government POCs to coordinate site surveys, submit security (visitor access requests) and site access requirements, and ensure all required facilities, power, and technical personnel (e.g., HVAC) are present.
- Conduct an information verification survey to identify the existing systems (hardware/software) and conditions of the site(s), and document the findings in a Site Survey Report.
- Conduct a grounding and bonding survey to assess potential issues that may impact equipment installation related to the project.
- Survey and test existing infrastructure the company intends to re-use as part of the design.
- Survey and assess the condition of the site(s)’ facilities to assess potential upgrades that may impact equipment installation related to the project.
- Survey and assess the condition of the site(s)’ environment to assess potential issues that may impact equipment installation related to the project.
- Develop a draft Implementation Schedule, which includes design milestones (e.g., Preliminary Design Review (PDR) and Critical Design Review (CDR)).
- Develop a preliminary design upon completion of the 35 percent design and conduct a PDR Meeting.
- Develop a critical design upon completion of the 65 percent design and conduct a CDR Meeting.
- Develop the Engineering Implementation Plan (EIP) to include details for all required actions to complete the project, drawings of existing floor plans, proposed floor plans, rack elevations, and shelf configurations, details of all cable runs (e.g., fiber, copper, power, grounding) in Spreadsheet form, details of all Manufacturing Bill of Materials (MBOM), and Installation Bill of Materials (IBOM) required for the project, site preparation actions (e.g., facilities, power, grounding and bounding), Systems Integration Test (SIT) and Systems Acceptance Test (SAT) plans including the test results, and Final Implementation Schedule.
Work includes occasional travel with client team to support exercises or disaster recovery operations needed mobile deployable networks. This does not include military deployments.
Note: These are mandatory items that all candidates must have when making application to IMC for this position. Please ensure that your submission addresses each of these requirement items. Candidates without these required elements will not be considered.
- Experience with Citrix VDI implementations a must.
- An IAT Level II Certification – CompTIA Security+
- Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- All applicants must have current DoD Secret clearance eligibility day one and prior to entry on duty.
- MSCE or equivalent.
- CompTIA Network+, CCNA, or CCNP.
- 4 - 6 years of VDI experience.
- A relevant educational degree in one of the following fields: Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Cyber Security, Statistics, Business Administration, Systems Engineering, Computation Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Data Analytics, Information Technology, Information Security and Assurance, Mathematics, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, or Telecommunications.
Innovative Management Concepts, Inc. (IMC), a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business, provides a broad range of information technology services to government and commercial clients. Since its founding in 1989, IMC has offered solutions and expertise in: IT operations and maintenance, cyber security, systems and network engineering and support services, cloud/hosting services, software engineering and development, website services, software quality assurance and testing (including IV&V), and project management. IMC is certified in International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001:2015 Quality Management, ISO 27000:2013 Information Security Management System, and ISO 20000-1:2011 Information Technology Service Management. Find out more about IMC at www.imcva.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.