VTC Installer and Low-voltage Electrician (IMC00403)
Fort Shafter, HI
Dependent on qualifications
|Mandatory Job Requirements:||
|Applications Accepted By:||
Email: Michelle Might, Corporate Recruiter, email@example.com
Email Subject Line: Audio Video Teleconferencing (VTC) Installer & Low Voltage Electrician - ESIM (IMC00403)
The VTC installer/low-voltage electrician shall assist customers with performing general installation, device configuration of classified and unclassified point-to-point and multipoint Video Teleconferencing (VTC) services, audio conference services, and provide technical support for said installations. The VTC installer will participate in the surveys, implementation of the VTC systems, and electrical support for equipment. The VTC installer must also be willing and able to work occasional out-of-hours and weekend shifts as needed.
Responsibilities: The position will include, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Responsible for creating, designing, and standardizing baseline cabling configurations.
- ISP/OSP responsibilities include:
- Optical fiber cabling,
- Balanced twisted-pair cabling,
- Coaxial cabling,
- Cable/Fiber splicing,
- Installing cable trays/ladder racks, and
- Facilitating equipment to enable voice, data, video, and other low-voltage systems.
- ISP/OSP designer must have knowledge of:
- Pathways and spaces,
- Cabling (cable and connecting hardware),
- Bonding and grounding (earthing),
- Right-of-way (R/W),
- System documentation, and
- Applicable codes and standards.
- Be part of an implementation team responsible for the install of AV/VTC systems.
- Be part of an O&M team responsible for conducting regularly scheduled maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair on USARPAC Command Center systems/equipment to include Cisco Unified Call Manager (CUCM) electronic systems.
- Coordinate with Government POCs and technical personnel for any baseline cabling and/or electrical configuration and control modifications or changes.
- Conduct AV/VTC systems training.
- Use the program portal to upload and manage all documentation and deliverables, system designs, and system configuration.
- Must be able to provide after-hours, on-call phone support, and, if required, be onsite (varying locations as needed) within 12 hours.
- Other administrative duties, as assigned.
Basic Required Qualifications and Skills: Note: These are mandatory items that all candidates must have when making application to IMC for this position. Please ensure that your submission addresses each of these requirement items. Candidates without these required elements will not be considered.
- At start date, must possess current IAT Level II Certification – one or more of the following current certifications in ACTIVE status are acceptable.
- CCNA Security
- Security+ CE
- At start date, must possess one or more current ETA International certifications, with a preference in Fiber Optics and Data Cabling. (For a complete list, please visit https://www.etai.org/).
- Minimum three years of experience in AV/VTC control system programming.
- Experience using Microsoft Office tool (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook).
- Experience with troubleshooting VTC hardware and configurations.
- Ability to work and accomplish tasks with minimal or general guidance.
- Familiarity with Army and DoD networks.
- Due to a customer requirement, as a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate will be required to obtain and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing employment.
- Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- All applicants must have current DoD Secret clearance eligibility day one and prior to entry on duty.
Desired Qualifications and Skills: It is desirable that the candidate has the following qualifications:
- B.S. in information systems or information technology and/or combination of education and work experience equivalent.
- AutoCAD or Visio familiarity to create project documentation.
- BICSI (Building Industry Consulting Service International) training.
- Experience working in a Government/Military environment.
Innovative Management Concepts, Inc. (IMC), a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business, provides a broad range of information technology services to government and commercial clients. Since its founding in 1989, IMC has offered solutions and expertise in: IT operations and maintenance, cyber security, systems and network engineering and support services, cloud/hosting services, software engineering and development, website services, software quality assurance and testing (including IV&V), and project management. IMC is certified in International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001:2015 Quality Management, ISO 27000:2013 Information Security Management System, and ISO 20000-1:2011 Information Technology Service Management. Find out more about IMC at www.imcva.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.