April 29, 2022
Innovative Management Concepts, Inc. (IMC), an information technology services and solutions provider, has been awarded a new task order to continue providing strategy, technical, and expert support for the Air Force Chief Data Office (SAF/CO). The task order is a competitive award under the General Services Administration’s Multiple Award Schedule (MAS). The period of performance began on 7 March 2022.
The Department of the Air Force (DAF) Chief Data Officer has the responsibility of ensuring DAF data is visible, accessible, understandable, linked, trustworthy, interoperable, and secure across the air, space, and cyberspace domains. SAF/CO is leading Data Strategy on behalf of the DAF by way of the DAF Implementation Plan of the Department of Defense (DoD) Data Strategy (I-Plan). The projected outcome for the successful implementation of this I-Plan will be the ability to leverage data, and advance data capabilities across the DAF to contribute to the larger joint mission of overpowering and defeating any adversary in any operational environment.
IMC will assist DAF CDO with core responsibilities of that include:
- Representing DAF interests in Federal and DoD data governance bodies.
- Developing an Enterprise Data Management policy and guidance for the DAF.
- Leading OPEN Data for the DAF.
- Enhancing data acumen and workforce development.
- Advising DAF leadership and stakeholders on enterprise data investments.
- Making data visible through the Department of the Air Force Data Catalog.
IMC provides technical and expert support and manages the following task order objectives:
- Program management,
- Strategy and governance,
- Policy and publications,
- Strategic communications,
- Education, training, and workforce development,
- Legislative and planning, programming, budgeting, and execution, and
- DAF Data Fabric Design Team support.
IMC has been supporting the SAF/CO since May of 2020. Significant achievements included the development of new training management tools and resources, branding redesign and rollout, launch and execution of virtual and in-person education and collaboration events, and development, execution of, and enterprise-wide communication of the inaugural I-Plan.